Life has been so packed busy and I haven't been taking the time to blog. These are the times I should be blogging to know where all the time is going!
Matt and I have both been working our butts off. He has been swamped at work. They really need another supervisor in the department where he supervises and it looks like that might be happening soon which will be so awesome. Matt comes home so exhausted. Last week he went in at his normal 6 am start time but stayed until 8 or 9 pm every night. The part-time supervisor that was helping in there quit at the beginning of the week and his other full-time supervisor was on vacation so it was all on Matt. I know he can't wait to have some more help in there so he can do his job and be able to come home at a decent time. I will love that too.
I have also been working like crazy...it seems to be our theme this summer. I am shocked we still find time to see each other and do fun stuff. The NICU has been steady at 80 babies for about a month now. We technically have a capacity for 75 babies, but we somehow squeeze more. We are putting twins into the same bedspot and triplets into rooms to free up space. It's almost comical when we all think we simply cannot admit anymore babies and we get a call that we are getting twins. Then we scramble to figure it out and shockingly it gets done. I have been using this opportunity to get in a little overtime...well a lot of overtime. I've been steady at over 50 hours every week since the beginning of June. Although I am tired and feel pulled in about 50 different directions with work, Kiwi, time for family and friends, and time for Summer fun I am also thankful to have a job that I love and that I have the opportunity to get overtime if I wanted to. The more I work the better vacation we can take...
After all that work talk, it solidifies my contemplation of us going on a vacation for our anniversary. We need it. Badly. Matt is going to take a couple days off towards the end of that week and we are getting away. We don't quite know where yet but I know we are going somewhere. We are considering a 3 day cruise, but we also may go somewhere we can drive to. Who knows. All I know is we are getting away :).
Other random news. Jax got his first ear infection last week and I got my first speeding ticket today. Matt washed our cars today while I layed out...and then I had to wash the windows but that's ok. I am going to the dermatologist this week for a spot on my shoulder-it's been there for awhile but I have been brushing it off. The paranoid nurse side of me is forcing me to finally have it checked out. We have some fun pool parties and a golf tourney and a beer pong tourney coming up these next couple weekends so that will be super fun and summery.
Here's to working hard and playing even harder :)
No comments:
Post a Comment