Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas

Christmas was celebrated a little different this year.  I had to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year so we had to change it around a bit.  Christmas Eve is usually the day that Matt's family celebrates Christmas so we had to move that to the Saturday before.  It still felt like Christmas!  We had been in Ohio that day/night before for my Grandmother's service so we got to my mother-in-law's house around 11 am.  We snacked and then started with the gift opening.  All of us kids were really excited because we had a big surprise gift for Janet that we were going to wait until the end to show her.  Next year we will have another Dunn at Christmas! No no not us :) My sister-in-law, Brenda, is due with another baby in July!

The crew





Firetruck blanket I made him!

And now for the surprise...





YAY! A new TV for Janet :) She was so shocked and loved it.  We were all so happy to be able to get her something like that. She goes all out for us for Christmas, so we wanted to go all out for her.

The next day (Sunday), we headed over to my mom's house.  Matt and I, my mom, brother, and niece and nephew all had our Christmas with each other before the rest of the family came over.  Mom had a turkey and potato soup and everyone brought a little something for us to eat.  It was great to have everyone together.  Later, we had a Yankee Swap gift exchange which is always hilarious.  

Playing the Xbox Kinect
Jax's new toy that he had torn apart in 45 seconds

Love them












Trying out the new Skip-It
Tre' kept bugging me to put his hat on so he could take a picture. I finally gave in.
Jax was worn out!












Yankee Swap


I got the biggest surprise on Christmas Day.  It was 7:45 am-I was TL at work and was in the middle of checking the defibrillator when the unit secretary came up to say I had a visitor.  I immediately thought it might be Matt, but when I looked to see what time it was I knew he wouldn't be up yet on Christmas Day.  To my complete surprise, my friend Tiffany was at the window! I let her in to the unit and she was holding two sacks from Hardee's.  "I brought breakfast for you and 19 of your closest friends, I knew you had to work on Christmas Day."  I can honestly say I think that was the most thoughtful and most unexpected thing anyone has ever done for me.  I started tearing up a bit! Tiffany is the sweetest person I have ever met and the fact that she thought of me to bring us in breakfast was just amazing.  I walked around the unit to let the other nurses know there was breakfast up front and the story about how she brought them, and a couple started tearing up and gave me a hug!  We really appreciated it and it made working Christmas Day that much better :)

breakfast sandwiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...