We had quite a busy Thanksgiving this year! I was lucky enough to do some trading and took a day of vacation which gave us Thursday-Saturday off and able to be with our families. It is so crazy to think that next Thanksgiving we will be letting our little 9 month old taste-test some yummy Thanksgiving foods...and then cleaning up the mess :).
We have the best families. We are just so lucky and thankful to be apart of them. Thursday started with Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma's in Lafayette. It always starts with a shrimp appetizer-delicious! She makes all of the food and way too many desserts-which we all appreciate taking home as leftovers :). The day involved the usual fun and food and ended with looking up Black Friday ads, Matt and my grandparents doing a whiskey taste test, and some orange juggling :). I fit in a nice nap after dinner which I'm very glad about since we stayed until about 10 that night! Then it was back to Matt's mom's to make our Oreo pies!
The next few are outtakes of trying to get a picture of Matt and I...him trying to pull the side of my sweater back so my belly would show more and me disagreeing that it was plenty visible.
| I love his face in this one. Ha! |
On Friday, we got up and headed to Michigan City for Thanksgiving Part II. We did have to make a pit-stop in Merrillville to go to that Costco for a rug that our Costco didn't have in stock for little man's nursery, but then we were off! We got to my grandparents just in time for appetizers. I think I ate my weight in spinach artichoke dip. The poor boys were too busy watching Purdue basketball to even notice we put out the food..so we took it upon ourselves to eat it all for them :). We ate a delicious meal and then sat around the table talking about what we were most thankful for, favorite concert/movie/event of 2013, and of course the weirdest thing you've ever eaten...I love my family. We relaxed for awhile and then brought out Apples to Apples. Always a good time. That night, we watched a special with Garth Brooks and nibbled on leftovers. It was so nice to be able to spend time with everyone.
On Saturday, we headed back to Lafayette for Matt's family Thanksgiving. There are usually 30-40 (sometimes more!) people at his mom's house! We watched some football and waited on the yummy smelling food to be ready. The boys stayed outside pretty much all afternoon sipping whiskey and smoking cigars...male bonding ;). I love Matt's family Thanksgiving because it is always the same day every year and there is always such a great turnout. I love knowing that so many of his family will be there! I was able to fit in some good cuddle time with my new niece too :)
We headed home that night since I had to work on Sunday. It was definitely a packed couple days, but we wouldn't have had it any other way! We have so much to be thankful for this year :).
No comments:
Post a Comment