Sunday, May 11, 2014

my first mother's day :)

This Mother's Day weekend is going to be pretty hard to beat.  It was absolutely perfect from start to finish. 

On Saturday Matt, Barrett, and I spent the day together.  I got to go to BodyPump in the morning and as I pulled onto our street on the way home I saw Matt's car.  He was taking Barrett "out for a little ride".  It melted my heart a little bit.  We went to Costco to get our fixings for the lunch we were going to make the next day.  That evening we all went on a walk (the weather was absolutely beautiful!) and then took a bottle of wine out to the back deck to enjoy the weather.  Barrett played away on his playmat and Jax sat on Matt's lap.  Once Barrett started to get fussy and needing his holding time, we did a little dancing to Dave pandora while Matt installed a new light outside the garage.





On Sunday, I got to sleep in a little extra ("sleeping in" means climbing back in bed for a little bit after his 7/8 AM feeding instead of starting my day :) ) and was surprised with the absolute sweetest card and gift from Matt and Barrett.  I loved getting a card signed "Matt & Barrett" :).  They got me a beautiful journal where he will have Barrett (and any future kids!) write a little note or put a picture in it  every year.  I LOVE that! He also traced Barrett's little hand inside of Matt's hand.  So precious.  I was so overwhelmed with it all.  I couldn't help but have tears rolling down my face (and getting the bed wet with them).  Such a cool experience.  I love my boys so much!
That afternoon, our moms came down.  We visited, they played with Barrett, held him while he slept, and we had a great lunch compliments of my chef-husband. He made an incredible Caribbean jerk pork tenderloin on the grill...mmmm!  After lunch we made our way outside to plant some flowers in the front yard.  We got in some gerbera daisies, a rose bush, some irises, and a couple other flowers.  I got to end the night feeding my sweet boy and then he went down for bed in record time...Happy Mother's Day to me! :)






























This amazing little boy is the reason that I am celebrated on Mother's Day.  I am so thankful every single day that I get to be his mom.  It's hard to put into words the crazy love he has brought into our lives, I love him so much it hurts.  I have moments where I look at him and just cry because I'm so overwhelmed with love for him.  These past 11 weeks have been the absolute best moments of my life and I am so blessed to have this little someone to call me "Mom".



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...