The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week! Not too hot and the sun is shining. On one of my days off this week, we headed up to Lafayette and Barrett got to see the zoo for the very first time! He also had another first: riding in his stroller big-boy style! Up until then I was snapping his carseat into the stroller for our strolls, but since he's been doing so well with his head control and trying to sit up I thought he'd be big enough to try. Big enough? He sure was. He is just growing so fast!
We met up with a couple friends and their little boys for a fun day! They have really updated the zoo since I had been many years ago. It's so nice! Cute little petting zoo, stable with barn animals, and tons of little exhibits. The best part? It's free! It will be so fun to bring Barrett back up there when he's older for the zoo, the park, the waterpark, and of course some Frozen Custard.
Barrett loved his zoo visit! Well, I think mainly he enjoyed getting to sit like a big boy and see out and get pushed around outside. This kid loves being outside. He stayed awake the whole time and didn't get sleepy until we sat down for ice cream. After the zoo, we walked over to Frozen Custard. It brought back so many memories of going there as a little kid when we came down to visit my Grandma and then going while we lived there too. I'm excited to make these little memories with Barrett.
After the zoo and ice cream (and after my raspberry sherbet spilled all over my front seat and diaper bag) we headed to my mom's for a little bit. Barrett got to see his Great-Grandma again and visit with his cousin and with Lauren too!
No comments:
Post a Comment