I got this idea from my friend Jamie-photo journaling an entire day spent with my favorite little guy. I figured what better time to document our day as Barrett is about to be a half of a year old! I am so thankful for every single day I get to spend with him. It makes me wonder what I used to do with my days before he was here. I get so excited in the mornings to pick him up out of bed and know that I get to have a little buddy with me all day long (unless it's on a day I'm working and then that just stinks :) we have to soak up as much cuddle time as possible once I'm home ).
Good Morning!
Barrett usually wakes up between 6 and 7 am, eats, and is ready to start his day.
Story Time
Current favs include "Goodnight Moon" (absolute fav), "The Very Hungry Caterpillar", and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear"
Playtime
Barrett plays in his room while I let the dog out/feed him, make breakfast, get ready for the gym (if it's a day I'm teaching/going), and then I usually join him.
Nap #1
By the time I'm ready to leave, Barrett is ready for his first nap. I snuggle him in bed with Dad :)
Time with Dad
Barrett is either still sleeping when I get home or playing with Dad before he goes to work. This little boy absolutely adores his dad. We are on the same page with that :)
Lunchtime
Playtime
Barrett likes to roll around (all over the place!), play on his belly, play with all his toys, try to scoot to things (and he gets there!), watch Jax, or be in his bouncer.
(he usually gets into at least a half dozen things he shouldn't be playing with during playtime)
Errands
Costco run for a new steam-mop. Barrett approves.
Nap #2
Usually if he takes a long nap in the morning for Dad, the rest of the naps are short but sweet. Otherwise, this is usually a good nap!
Wake up happy!
Fill the belly again...
Playtime
Nap #3
Rise and Shine!
Walk!
Barrett usually doesn't sleep very long for that nap, so we go for a walk before dinner time.
Dinner then more playing-
Barrett goes in his highchair to play so I can finish up making dinner. All the while staring at me like "Why can't I have a bite of that pork tenderloin?"
Bath
| Feet in the mouth pretty much the whole time. |
Lotion, PJ's, bedtime feeding, asleep by 9:15 pm
So thankful for this life :)
No comments:
Post a Comment