Thursday, May 28, 2015

date weekend

Matt and I got away for the weekend and spent our first night away from the babe.  I was so nervous and backed out in my head a couple different times that I tried to put something together, but I finally made myself do it knowing that if we didn't leave him for just one night now, it would just keep getting harder to do it.  He was in good hands and did great the whole weekend.  My husband is my very best friend and favorite person to be with. It was so nice to relax with each other and not worry about a thing.


We started the day with sleeping in a little (well, Matt did. I went to the gym for a quick class) and then made our way to a sushi lunch.  We haven't gone out for sushi in what seems like forever and it was delicious!


After lunch, we drove around a little and enjoyed the sunshine and quiet :).  We stopped at Paradise Bakery and got some coffee and cookies before the Lady Antebellum concert.  We had seats in the pavilion which was nice since it rained a little.  The show was great!  We have already planned two other concerts for the summer (DMB being one of course :)).  I love that venue in the summer. 


We slept in the next day (glorious!) and then had an awesome breakfast at a family restaurant in town.  We stuffed ourselves to the max and then made our way home.  We couldn't wait to see our little man and were greeted with excited "Dada!" and "Mama!" and some good hugs.   Such a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...