We have a little water baby on our hands.
We started B in swimming lessons! I have been wanting to get him in them for awhile now and his Papa got him a couple months of lessons for his 1st birthday so got him enrolled. I think it's especially important for him to be aware of pools since our sitter has an in-ground pool. I grew up swimming and was also on the swim team so that made me even more excited to get him started.
He goes once a week, but the place we take him also has free family swim times in the afternoons and on Friday nights so we will hopefully get lots of use out of it. His first lesson went well! He was super excited to get in at first, but once we got in he turned around and wrapped his arms and legs around me and laid his head down. We practiced kicking his legs, pulling his arms, going back and forth between the sides of the pool, swim/chasing balls around, pouring water over his head, dunking him, gliding him between the instructor and I, and getting in and out of the pool. He didn't really mind the water on his head or being dunked, he was still just kind of in his shock the whole time, but tried it all. By the end, he was starting to pull his arms! I am so excited to see how he progresses.
I'm so excited we have a little fishy in the family :)








No comments:
Post a Comment