Man, this Spring just few right on by! The quick sell of our old house, packing, and then moving into our new house made for quite the whirlwind of a couple months. We were getting a little cabin-feverish with Barrett so waiting for nicer weather was on the list too :).
March:
We traveled to Ohio to visit Abby before she deployed overseas on a naval ship until the Fall. Barrett loved seeing her and especially seeing her dog, Scooter. He loved that dog! We started March in our old house...
And ended it in our new home!
Moving day was probably the most stressful thing I've ever done haha. The movers got to our house at 9 am, started loading while we loaded some loose odds and ends, we met at 12:30 pm to close on our home we were selling, stopped back by to check on things at the old house, headed up north to close on our new home at 3:30 pm, and then made our way to the new home and then had to wait 3 hours for the movers to show up with all of our stuff. Thank goodness we had our cars filled with stuff too, so we were able to at least unpack a little. The movers (and us) unloaded until 9 pm that night. It was a very LONG day. Way more than I ever expected, and although I don't think I could ever do it all again-I am so thankful we got it done in one day and were able to sleep in our new home that night!
Our friends came to help that morning at the old house to pack and load and orchestrate the movers when we had to leave to go close on our new home. I have NO idea what we would've done without them. It definitely would not have worked out without them! Amber was there helping and then we all realized how much more help we needed, and Rob actually left work to come help. We are blessed with some amazing friends, that's for sure. That evening and into the weekend, our moms came over and helped a lot too! We would've been lost without their help!
On Sunday of moving weekend, our friends Amber and Rob came back up to help us unpack. We ordered sushi that night and everything was right in the world :).
The rest of March was filled with lots of unpacking, and trips to see the grandmas!
April:
We did lots of playdates with family and friends! We were starting to feel more settled into the new house and needing to burn off some energy so playdates were just the cure! The weather started to turn nicer so we were able to get out for some walks around the new neighborhood too. I also signed up to be an Usborne Books & More consultant in mid-April. It has been such a fun adventure! And we are building up a nice little library at the house which I love :).
Purdue Spring Fest 2016
May:
The weather was continuing with being amazing-we had such a beautiful Spring! We got outside as much as possible and are looking forward to even more outside days this Summer!
We had a great Mother's Day weekend! It started with a trip to the Farmer's Market with Granny and Grandma Claudette and followed by a cookout at our house with our moms, grandmas, and Matt's brother's family.
More May pictures :)
We ran into some childcare issues for B. His current sitter was going back to work so I was scrambling to figure out the best place for him Another in-home? A daycare facility? We landed on a Montessori preschool/childcare and I think it's going to end up being the perfect fit for him. Stay tuned for more updates on that :)
No comments:
Post a Comment