Officially halfway between newborn and a one year old...this can't be possible!
Oh, 6 months, I forgot how much I loved you. This age is one of my very favorites (although I tend to say that about every phase, because I have seemed to love them all :) ) Bodey is such a happy-go-lucky baby, rarely fusses unless he's tired or hungry, and you can usually pinpoint exactly what he wants/needs. He is super chill, he even just SAT STILL on my lap while I got was getting my hair done the other day. He is very curious, but doesn't seem to have the "be everywhere, always moving" tendency his big bro has even at this young age.
He is surely going to be full-blown crawling very soon! He gets from sitting down to his belly now, and has started getting into a plank up on his hands and feet. He'll then pull his knees in and scoot his way around, he doesn't get anywhere fast or cover much ground, but he can scoot to things he really wants.
He is such a lover. Loves to be cuddled and held. One of the very best things is when you pick him up (mostly when you pick him up out of his bed after a nap) he immediately leaches onto you, grabs your neck, and pulls himself as close to you as he possibly can, nestling deep into your neck like he's giving you a huge bear hug. It's the best!
We started some solid foods with him on his 6 month birthday. He is really interested in food while we are eating and always reaches out to grab it, but I wanted to wait until closer to 6 months. We gave him some pieces of banana and he's also tried avocado, which he loved both! We are going to probably skip purees and go straight to finger foods he can grab himself because he loves it!
He has given us some big laughs lately, and realllyyy loves his big brother. He hasn't quite laughed at him yet, but the smiles he gives him are some of the biggest ones he will hand out! He is really starting to be interested in Jax too. He knows his Mama and I have to be careful when I get home from work not to say anything or let him see me before I change out of my work clothes or else it's all over lol. Come get me right now, Mom! :)
He is still nursing 5-6 times a day, starting doing solids once a day, in size 3 diapers, and 6-9 month clothes. He usually wakes up to eat around 4/5 am and then will go back to sleep until 8/830 am. He takes 3 naps: usually an hour in the morning, a solid (at least) 2 hour nap in the afternoon, and then a shorter 30-45 min nap in the evening. Bedtime is around 8/830 pm depending on the night. He is pretty great sleeper once we got past that 4 month sleep regression!
Happy Half-Birthday, Bodey Frank. It wouldn't be possible to love you any more than we do :)
17 lbs 5 oz (45%)
28 in (92%)
17 lbs 5 oz (45%)
28 in (92%)
No comments:
Post a Comment