Friday, September 2, 2011

it's baaaaackk

My wallet! It's back!

Last night around 1 am we heard a knock on the door.  Well, we didn't really hear the knock-we basically heard Jax barking and so Matt headed downstairs.  I had gotten a blocked call about 2 minutes earlier that must have been them.  The cop said that a neighbor had called the police after finding a wallet in their mailbox.  The police then looked up and saw my police report and brought it back to me!

All of my cash was gone, but I don't even care because they left everything else alone.  The cop said that lately people have been jacking wallets, taking the cash, and tossing it.  Maybe they saw my Purdue nursing grad pic and my Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) card I had in there and felt guilty :).  So they got away with $30, but caused me immense stress.  Jerk.

Now this leads me to believe that I actually didn't lock my car, and they took it from there.  It makes more sense than from work.  Either way I am so happy it's back.  I guess you could say I have definitely learned my lesson.

Hallelujah!  

2 comments:

  1. I would still order new credit cards because they could have written down the numbers to use for online shopping, etc? Either way I am really glad you got it back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!! That is overall a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...