It has taken quite a while since I went through my BodyPump training to get the ball rolling and everything set up. I first had to get my official certification confirmation which I did the beginning of August. Then, I talked with the manager of the gym and she wanted to watch me teach a class before she hired me on. I passed that step and everything is almost completely done with me being hired. Yay!
Last week, I got the coolest email ever from the manager. The title was "Immediate Openings". She needed someone to fill the 1030am time slot at the Fishers LFF on Mondays ASAP. At first I was upset because I didn't think I should say I could do it since I work 1 out of every 3 Mondays. Thursdays are my best day when I don't ever work unless I sign up for overtime that day. I was basically waiting for a Thursday class to free up so I could take that.
I emailed back and said I could definitely help out, but that I worked a Monday every once and awhile. I'd be able to switch out of some of them and figure out something for the rest of the days. Another instructor stepped up to fill in for me on the Mondays I worked if I couldn't get another nurse to swicth days with me. How awesome is that?
I logged onto the website with the group fitness schedule on it a couple nights ago to check a time for a class I wanted to make it for, and I saw this...
Yes, that's my name as the instructor for the 1030am BodyPump class! I start next Monday since this Monday is Labor Day. I am on cloud nine. This feels so cool! I put my iPod on tonight and started learning the release I am going to start teaching next week.
Want to see something else super cool? Click over to the LFF Group Fitness blog (GroupXNews) and click on the Instructor Bio link....scroll all the way down and you'll find me!

No comments:
Post a Comment