Sunday, March 4, 2012

Les Mills Quarterly

This weekend Matt and I and a bunch of other really awesome people traveled to Chicago, IL for the Les Mills Quarterly!  A Quarterly is an event hosted 4 times a year (get it? quarterly?) that puts all of the Les Mills group fitness classes together all in one day.  It started at 8 am with BodyPump and then went straight to 5:30 pm with classes back-to-back (yes we had a lunch break). It's also an up-skilling event for all instructors and also open to non-instructors. The classes are presented by the national trainers and presenters of the specific classes.  It is really awesome because these people are the ones who are the presenters on our DVD's that we learn the new releases off of.  The coolest part? One of those national presenters who was up on the big stage on Saturday was our very own Laura Wilson.  She is the owner, an instructor, and our leader at Kiwi Fitness!  

I talked my friend Amber into going with us after she joined us at Kiwi for our launch back in January.  Our launch was basically a mini Quarterly.  She loves Les Mills classes too and I knew she would love this event.  I am SO glad she experienced with us :).  Matt also came along.  I was so happy to have him there.  He is such a supportive husband and having him there by my side was so awesome.  He did a lot of the classes and even tried a class I never thought I'd see him do..BodyStep! It is basically a step-aerobics class-but more hardcore because it's a Les Mills class :). He actually wasn't too bad! One of the other girls there got a nice video of him.  He is such a trooper. There were 20-some of us there on Saturday representing Kiwi Fitness.  The whole event was amazing and I will never forget it! Can't wait until the next Q!

Dinner and drinks the night before at Harry Caray's in the hotel
Our group!
Love these boys :)
YES! We have arrived :)
Freezing cold walk to the gym from the hotel
Coffee 

300 BodyPumpers!! So cool


so tempting to buy all the clothes..darn marketing 
We found one of my friends' dads at the Q! He takes classes up in Lafayette and was really excited for BodyCombat :)

Kiwi goes to Quarterly!
My super-awesome-rockstar-of-a-husband. Love you!
Amber! Waiting for BodyPump to start!


Ok so the guy turning around is Glen. Glen Ostergaard. The program director for BodyPump.  I was in awe. 



Sheldon-also a presenter for BodyPump and on our DVDs
LAURA! Love her. This was right before she hopped up on stage to present for BodyStep.  She gave Matt a shout-out during the warm-up :)
Proof Matt did BodyStep :) Love him.




After re-fueling at the lunch-break...ready for more!

aaaaannnndd he's out.  Lunch break + a space to lie down= Matt is alseep

Laura presenting for BodyAttack!











8 classes and 9 hours later...we made it!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...