Tuesday, April 10, 2012

working on your birthday?

I have to admit-I was little bummed when I realized I worked on my birthday AND the day after this year. Who wants to be at work on their birthday? Not me.  BUT I actually had a fantastic birthday today and a lot of it was because I was at work.

Matt has been working nights so he woke me up in the middle of the night on his way out the door to tell me Happy Birthday first thing :).  I got to work to see my friend Amber carrying in a cake pan and a big pink gift bag. She had baked me a yummy strawberry cake and brought me an amazing blanket for my birthday.  I LOVE it! Everyone at work was so sweet.  They were wishing me a happy birthday and sharing the bday cake.  Icing on the cake? (no not the actual cake, just metaphorically speaking) I am precepting a new nurse on the unit and she has been rocking the socks off her orientation plus we had a pretty manageable assignment today SO she did our whole assignment (while I kept an eye on everything of course) and I was able to get some chatting time in with the other nurses. The babies were very sweet and gave me a bday gift of an un-eventful day. So thankful :).



One of the highlights of my day? Matt brought us Chipotle for lunch and met us down in the cafeteria to eat with us! It was so awesome.  So add together an awesome non-eventful day at work where I actually had time to catch-up with friends PLUS getting to see my sweet hubby for lunch? Pretty stellar.  My burrito bowl was delicious too.

I finished out an awesome day at work and then came home to a card from Matt which he had added for me to come wake him up.  I felt horrible to wake him up in the middle of his sleep so I just awkwardly sat on the side of the bed and stared at him for awhile.  Once he woke up, he had a cute surprise gift at the side of the bed for me.  An awesome swim suit and a brand new lens for my Canon! It's a 50 mm lens which takes awesome pictures. I am so excited to play around on it. Best husband ever.

Now I am lounging on the couch with my new blanket with Jax on my lap and playing with my new camera lens.  All of the sweet texts, calls, and messages today from all of my family and friends were amazing.  I feel so loved :). Thank you all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...