Sunday, April 7, 2013

already April?


Well, I guess I'm pretty solid at the once per month blog postings...whoops.  

I am loving this weather!  We had to wait so much longer this year for some relief from the cold and snow.  Maybe that will mean not such a ridiculously hot and drought-stricken summer? Let's hope so. We plan on continuing on with our landscaping plans for the front of the house this Spring and I hope to not have to be out there more watering everything as crazy as I had to last year.  I was so nervous our brand new trees were going to die from the lack of water.  Oddly enough, my jackpot for plants this year has been Costco! You've got to grab it while you're there though, because if you wait to buy it for a week or so it won't be there anymore.  I bought 3 azaleas and some kind of tall evergreen shrub last week and today I saw they had forsythia bushes! I've gotta get me one of those.  Matt wants to put a hitch on the Murano and get a trailer which will come in handy for getting mulch this year.  Making 2 trips and loading 12 bags of mulch into the back of the car last year was less than ideal.

We've had some great weekends with family lately.  Last weekend, we went up to Lafayette to spend Easter with Matt's family.  My mom actually came over too for lunch on Saturday which was great.  We spent Saturday eating great food, playing cards, and falling asleep on the couch watching basketball. Oh wait-that was just me :).  On Sunday, we went to church, spent some quality time with my mom, niece, and the puppy.

I've been subbing a couple extra BodyPump classes at Kiwi on Saturdays which will continue through most of the summer.  It's fun to teach to a class with other "regulars" that aren't usually at my Monday and Thursday morning classes.  I also taught my very first solo KettleWorX class this past weekend! All of the instructors were certified a couple weeks ago and I was able to team teach twice before being on my own this weekend. It was a blast!

I leave for San Diego next week and I couldn't be more excited! It has been way too long since I have seen my good ole' Abby.  I miss her so much and this will be a much-needed reunion. We are making a trip up to LA that week so I can spend time with my uncle and his family as well.  I should probably start thinking about packing for that...

I am really excited for this summer.  We are trying to plan which concerts we are going to go to.  There are SO many good concerts coming to Klipsch this summer. I made a list of not only ones I wanted to go to, but that I reallly wanted to go to and there's 9.  I think we'd go broke if we went to all of those concerts.  A girl can dream right? We know Dave Matthews Band is a must...I hope we never have to skip this concert.  We absolutely love Dave and the atmosphere of just being at the concert. It has become such a tradition for Matt and I and it always kicks off our summer!  

See-give me two warm days and I already can't stop thinking about Summer. I'm not rushing it though, I'll take as many mild 70 degree days as the Spring chooses to give us :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...