April was awesome. No snow and Spring is starting to show her pretty face. It makes me so happy to see all of the redbuds and pear trees blossom in the neighborhood and to see the tulips popping up here and there. One good thing about living in a developed neighborhood are all of the mature trees and landscaped yards, especially in Spring when they all start to bloom! It was so exciting this year to see all of the plants/trees we put in last year bloom too. Our redbud was planted after season last year so I was itching to see it every day when I would get home to see how much it had blossomed. It is beautiful! I bought a bunch of plants and shrubs at Costco which we are planning to get planted in the next couple weeks. Next year will be amazing with all of our new plants!
I spent a week in California in the middle of April visiting my friend Abby in San Diego. It was an absolutely amazing trip and exactly what I needed. I could not have asked for a better time. It was so nice to be able to spend time with Abby. I haven't laughed as hard as I did out there in a long time. She is one of those friends where you can go weeks, months without talking and the minute you see each other it's like no time has passed since the time before. I love having her as a friend.
I had some traveling issues on Monday and didn't get into the San Diego airport until 415 am my time, so needless to say we went to bed shortly after we got home. The next day we woke up, walked to an awesome little Italian cafe right across from Abby's apartment in downtown San Diego (Little Italy) and had one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. I couldn't get enough of the food in SD. After breakfast we headed up the coast to Orange County to see my Uncle Jay and Aunt Sandra and their family. It was such an awesome visit and I am so thankful I was able to spend time with them. After our visit at the hospital we drove to their house so I could spend some time with my cousins. My heart felt so full on the ride back to San Diego after the visit with my family. There is nothing better.
We got back to Abby's apartment and went out for some amazing Mexican food and then went out for a couple drinks in Gaslamp District. On Wednesday, we had a touristy day. We started the morning with another yummy breakfast at The Mission. I got blackberry banana pancakes and I devoured them. I mean-I was going to need a lot of energy to burn on our tourist day right?
We then made our way to Mission Beach. It was a little windy and a little chilly down by the water, but the sunshine and sand was enough to distract me from that.
We layed out with Pandora for a couple hours and then heading to Ocean Beach to meet up with one of Abby's friends for the farmer's market. I guess there is a farmer's market on every day of the week at a different part of San Diego. I really loved the market! They had samples of almost every food or fruit there. Everyone had their dogs out and I couldn't help but imagine living there and taking Jax to the farmer's market!
After the farmer's market, we made our way to Mt. Soledad Monument. It was way high up in the hills and is known for its great view of the city. It was beautiful! I was in complete awe of the scenery.
Then we were off to La Jolla Beach to see the seals! They were so cute! There is a little spot on the beach that all of the seals hang out and they just lay in the sun and swim around. There were people all over just watching the seals lay there. I have no idea why it's entertaining but it totally was. We were blessed with beautiful weather that week-normal weather for Cali-but beautiful weather to someone who had just endured an Indiana winter.
That night Abby and I went out for an Italian dinner and half price bottles of wine night with some more of her friends. After a yummy dinner, we went back to the apartment and watched Pitch Perfect :).
On Thursday, Abby had to work so I was left to entertain myself. At first I was a little worried, but it turned out to be an amazing day and a much needed couple hours of chill time for me. A couple of Abby's friends picked me up that morning and took me out for breakfast. We went to a restaurant where the chef was from Indiana. Big portions and delicious food. Then Abby's friend, Tia, took me to the hospital they work at to surprise Abby and so I could tour the hospital. Afterwards, I went back to Abby's apartment and made my way to the rooftop pool for a couple hours I laid out in sun for a little while and then fell asleep underneath a big umbrella on a big cushy chair for a while. Once I woke up, I went back down to her apartment to take her dog, Scooter, on a walk for a tour of downtown San Diego. Well, more like Scooter took me on a tour. We walked for about an hour all around downtown and down to the Harbor. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze as we trotted along.
That night we went out for a yummy seafood dinner and ended our night at a dueling piano bar called The Shout House in downtown Gaslamp. It was SO fun. We had more laughs and sang obnoxiously loud. Overall a fantastic night and an even better trip :) Can't wait for next time!










No comments:
Post a Comment