Saturday, May 18, 2013

dirty girl mud run

Today I joined a group of some awesome, motivating, inspiring, and down right bad@$$ women from Kiwi Fitness in the Dirty Girl Mud Run 5K.  It was the most fun I have ever had being that disgustingly filthy in my whole life! Not only was it an amazing experience, it also raised proceeds to fund breast cancer research.  Today I ran a little harder and got a little muddier in memory of my Great Aunt Joyce :).



We got to the race and picked up our bibs and goodie bags and headed to the start line.  As we were walking there we spotted a Paul Mitchell tent that a bunch of stylists were doing free hair braids!  We thought it'd be an an easier way to keep the mud tamed in our hair with braids so away we went.  The course was a 5K of running to 12 different obstacles filled with mud.  It was at Klipsch Music Center so they used the natural muddy creeks and ponds in the course as well...oh joy!



My favorite was the massive blow-up slide into a pool of mud towards the end!









What a blast! I am definitely not a runner, but I can get myself through 5K's like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...