week 14
Week 14 started with a bang. Literally. My blood pressure had been running on the lower side at a couple of my appointments and at least daily I'd get light headed if I would get up too quickly.
Matt and I took a trip to Lowe's on a Sunday to get the stuff we needed for him to stain the deck. We were there for about a half hour and had even split up for a minute to look at some different stuff (I can only look at deck stain for so long...). We were in the aisle getting the last thing we needed. Matt was standing right ahead of me with the cart looking at some tools and I was behind him. All of a sudden I got really hot, light-headed, and very nauseous. I told Matt I didn't feel very good and started to lean on one of the shelves. I must have not looked very good because he immediately grabbed me and put his arm around me. That's the last thing I remember. I guess he tried to get me to hang onto the cart, but shortly after that I went out. Matt said I went completely limp and he just kept saying "Oh my God" and tried to get me to stand. When he realized that wasn't going to happen he got me to the floor. I guess some other customers called 911 and got the paramedics to come. When I woke up all I could see was Matt's face and his lips moving like the was talking, but I couldn't hear or feel anything. I remember going to shut my eyes again, but he kind of shook me back awake. When I started being able to hear and feel again, I could hear him saying "It's ok. You're ok." and I could feel that I was on the floor. Oh, I guess I passed out :/. I started hearing someone talking on the phone to the paramedics and Matt telling them I was 14 weeks pregnant, a lady frantically talking about getting me water, and a man yelling for someone to "get her a pillow from lawn and garden!". That's when I freaked. I started crying and got so scared. Right after that, the paramedics showed up (we were right across the street from a hospital so they got there super quickly) and started checking me out. They were asking about my medical history and all we kept telling them was that I was pregnant. By then, my pulse and blood pressure were up since I was so anxious and my blood sugar was completely normal. They encouraged me to go to the ER, but I decided to just call my doctor instead and that I would listen to the baby's heartbeat when I got home. After I was all checked out, they released us to go. At the checkout, Matt put my water up on the counter to buy. The lady kept looking at me (add to my embarrassment, why don't you?!) and kept saying something about it "being billed out by Lowe's". Once she saw our confused looks she said "Because you're the one who...". Yep, I'm the one who... Holy cow get me out of here! We got home and I felt better once I ate some lunch and rested on the couch. Poor Matt. He said he really wishes the first person he ever saw pass out wouldn't have been his pregnant wife. That thoroughly scared teh crap out of him. He wouldn't leave my side the whole day...even when we realized we forgot something and had to run back out to get it. And no-we did NOT go back to Lowe's. Home Depot it was. He kept looking over at me in Home Depot and every time I closed my eyes on the couch he would start talking to me so I wouldn't fall asleep. It took a lot of coercing, but he finally left me to go out and stain the deck. He was so amazing through the whole thing. He got me down to the floor safely and never let go of holding my head up off the floor, even once I had a "pillow from lawn and garden!". He was the most calming factor in the whole thing, I can't imagine if he wouldn't have been there. I've never seen him be more protective of me. I promised him I'd try really hard to never do it again :).
My bump is definitely getting bigger. I still wonder if in public people are wondering if I just ate too much for lunch. Definitely showing in tighter shirts, but not in my scrubs yet. Baby's heart rate steady in the 160s. Baby is the size of a lemon at about 3.5 in long and weighing 1.5 oz. Moving like crazy in there, but I can't feel it yet...can't wait for that!!
week 15
Dizzy spells here and there, but no more passing out! I have noticed that I am starting to get little energy back. I am able to stay up past 9 without feeling like I'm going to die and not feeling like I need a 5 hours nap during the afternoon.
Baby is the size of an orange measuring in at 4 inches and 2.5 oz. We had our appointment and everything checked out great! My weight gain so far is up 4 lbs from initial appointment weight. Blood pressure back to normal. Baby's heart rate now averaging in the 150's.
week 16
We went up to Purdue for the ND game while my friend Abby was here from CA. We tailgated all day, went to the night game, and then proceeded to close Harry's and then get some HotBox pizza. We didn't get home until 4:30 am. Let me tell you-its a lot different being pregnant! I tried really hard to be a trooper and not complain about being out so late. Not sure I'll do that again for awhile though :).
I had a cold this week which knocked me out a little but it only lasted a few days which was great, especially since I'm limited on medicine I can take. I ended up taking nothing and just drinking more OJ :). OH and BIG DEAL! I totally felt this little baby move this week! On the day of our 3 year wedding anniversary to be exact. How cool is that?! I was at work and had eaten a piece of cake, gone back out to work, and came back to the nurses station to sit down about a half hour later. I was sitting in a chair and looking at my phone when I felt a little soft thump/little twitch low in my belly. I stopped breathing for a second and turned beet red. Was that the baby?! I decided it was only if it happened again. And it did! Like 7 more times! Absolutely amazing. A couple minutes later I felt it thump again a couple times. I didn't want to get up and back to the floor! I am so excited that I got to feel those first little flutters and now I'll be on the lookout for even more! Great anniversary gift, baby Dunn :). *Update-as I sat here and added the pictures to this post, I felt a couple more little thumps!*
Baby is the size of an avocado measuring in at 4.5 inches and 3.5 oz.
Keep growing strong in there, sweet baby! We get to see you again on ultrasound so soon!
17 weeks tomorrow :)

We have so many random outtakes with doing these little photo shoots. I think this was after Matt said "Look at that thing!" :)

We have so many random outtakes with doing these little photo shoots. I think this was after Matt said "Look at that thing!" :)
No comments:
Post a Comment