Thursday, September 26, 2013

three years

I love when September rolls around.  First off because I simply love Fall and the weather that comes with it, but mostly because September was our wedding month and when we get to celebrate our anniversary every year! This September 18th marked 3 years of marriage and 9 years together.  I am so lucky to be Matt's wife and I am so thankful for the relationship we have.  We have been through so much together and really have grown up together so it truly feels like he is the other half of me.  

This year, Matt and I both took off Friday from work and spent the whole weekend together.  Friday morning, our bedroom furniture was delivered! I can't wait for our bedroom to get painted so it can all come together.  I absolutely love the furniture.  We've been waiting so long to buy a bedroom set and I'm so glad we finally made it work!  After they were done putting everything in, Matt made pancakes and we laid on the couch and watched our weekly episode of Sons of Anarchy. It's one of the rare shows that we both like to watch so we make sure to watch it together.  Afterwards, we took Jax for a long walk.  It was a beautiful weekend!  We got ready, ran a couple errands, and then headed downtown for our Fogo de Chao anniversary meal.  We have been to Fogo every year since the wedding and it's always just as delicious as the last time.  Not sure if we will keep it up or try something new next year!  We came home that night and watched our wedding DVD.


On Saturday, I went to the gym and Matt got to sleep in a little bit.   Matt made some awesome chicken quesadillas for lunch and then we got ready and headed back downtown for our Monument Circle picture and then a friend's wedding.  We have gone downtown to the Monument Circle every year now and hold up fingers for how many years of marriage that year is.  Monument Circle is where Matt proposed so it means a lot to be able to go down and get a picture there every year.  It was another gorgeous day and downtown was busy!  My friend, Abbey, got married at a beautiful church and then the ceremony was at the Art Mueum. It was so fun to be at a wedding with Matt right around our anniversary.  I just love weddings and hearing other people's service brings back memories.  It was fun to dress up my baby bump too! :)




side note: I swear we saw Wee Man downtown that day!

I love this man :)

Happy Anniversary babe! I am so excited for what this next year holds for us and I am so thankful to be going through it all with you by my side :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...