This past weekend was Barrett's first road trip and very first sleepover away from home! I'm not going to lie-I was nervous wreck just thinking about it. I had no idea how he'd do and whether he'd sleep at night, and there was the task of all the extra stuff we'd have to pack. Luckily, all went well! We didn't forget to pack anything (and luckily I had packed extra clothes for both of us because he was very spitty this weekend), he behaved very well, and slept great at night!
Saturday we left the house in time to get up to Lafayette by his second feeding. After he ate, we made our way to Happy Hollow Park for a picnic with my friends and some of their kiddos while Matt went to the Purdue spring scrimmage with some of my family. It was such a beautiful day! 75 and sunny. We hadn't had a 70 degree day since October! And I'm pretty sure that 70 degree day was the day we found out Barrett was a boy at our gender reveal party! I met up with a few of my girl friends for a picnic outside and we took a little walk with the kids. My friend's baby is 2 weeks old, Barrett is 6.5 weeks, my other friend's son is 13 months, and my other friend brought her 5 and 9 year old nieces. It was so fun to see them all together! Next time we get together, they will all be so much bigger!




After the park, we all met back up at my mom's house for a family cookout! It was so nice to be with family and for everyone to get to spend time with (or meet for the first time!) Barrett. The weather was still gorgeous and we spent most of the evening outside. Matt was the grill-master and we had tons of other food. It was perfect!
 |
| Barrett smiling at his Great-Grandpa Jerry :) |
 |
| Meeting cousin Tre' for the first time! Tre' loved Barrett and couldn't wait until the next time they could see each other. Cutest thing ever :) |
 |
| All 3 cousins! Love them all. |
 |
| He slept very well in everyone's arms all day :) |
 |
| I LOVE this picture of us three! |
No comments:
Post a Comment