Wednesday, November 2, 2016

baby Dunn #2! :)

In true fashion as of lately in my (un)timeliness of blog posts, I'm posting a "we're having another baby" as I'm about to turn 21 weeks tomorrow.  Already halfway there!  We are very thankful for an uncomplicated pregnancy so far with very few complaints, and hope for it to continue as this little one grows! We got this little flash of good news 4th of July weekend :)


1st trimester:

We found out we were pregnant on July 4th.  I took one of the tests that says "pregnant" and set it in the bathroom so Matt would see it when he went in to get ready for bed.  I planted myself in our room and waited for him to see it.  It's the best news ever to share! We counted and realized this babe would be due just about 2 weeks after Barrett was! If all goes well, they'd be almost exactly 3 years apart. 

Our lab work rose as it should (thank goodness) and we had our first ultrasound schedule for 8 weeks.  We got to see the little heartbeat right away and breathed a huge sigh of relief.  Everything measured right on (8 weeks that day) and we were given a due date of March 16th, 2017. Watching our tiny baby on ultrasound, you could actually already make out a head, body, and even a little face profile! Crazy what you are able to see at 8 weeks along. All checked out well and we were set up for our 12 week appointment.


Just like with Barrett, I was "sick" (when I say sick, I mean I was queasy and only wanted unhealthy food and food out from restaurants. Not the overwhelming nausea or even worse that a lot of people experience. Therefore, I don't have a lot to complain about and I'm ok with that!) for about 3 weeks.  From 7-10 weeks I think it was. I mainly just wanted Jimmy Johns, Chipotle, or anything hot and already prepared (and preferably with a lot of flavor) at a restaurant.  

My biggest symptom was the overwhelming fatigue and exhaustion.  I remember it being that way previously too and it came on back this time.  I'm not a napper, I stay up way too late, and get up early-I'm not proud of it and I wish I made myself get more sleep, but to go from this to being knocked out the majority of the day was hard to get used to.  I had such a hard time getting up in the morning for work and even on days off with B. I was orienting a new nurse at work, and pretty much everyday I'd comment on how tired I was and tried so hard to keep my eyelids open.  I even fell asleep sitting at the computer quite a few times, once while filling out her paperwork.  If I wasn't working,  I'd have to pull myself out of bed to go get him and we'd proceed immediately to the couch to cuddle up with a blanket, a snack (for him), and a show where I'd either stare ahead or even doze off for moments at a time sometimes.  We definitely had our fair share of "lazy mornings" for quite a few weeks.  After I'd get him down for a nap, it would take all of my not to lay down too and I definitely did some days.  By the time the evening rolled around, I was pretty much worthless again.  I'd either fall asleep on the couch doing something or just go to bed way earlier than my norm.  Zero energy period.  Luckily, that changed a bit as I got a little further into the second trimester!



Second trimester (so far!):

I did notice around 13-14 weeks, my energy came back a little. I was able to get some things done during the day again and wasn't quite so run down all the time. I was also able to hear the heartbeat on doppler too, which was always comforting. Appointments at 12 weeks and 16 weeks went well! Baby heartbeat 150's to 160s, blood pressure normal range, and man was my belly growing! I started showing a lot sooner this time and already had a round bump by 10 weeks!  I'm worried to see how big I get this time! :) 

I started feeling little movements here and there around 15 weeks or so, but very sporadic and not very often.  19 weeks is when I really started noticing more!  Bigger thumps and more often.  We found out at our ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta again (just like with B) which could've been masking early movements.  I'm so glad I can feel them now!  Maybe a couple more weeks and Matt and Barrett will be able to feel too.


 
 

We went in at 19 weeks 4 days for our anatomy ultrasound appointment.  I had been quite nervous for the past 19.5 weeks just to know they were ok and growing well.  To hear from the doctor "normal anatomy scan" made every fear melt away. We got to see the baby moving all around, even moving to a few totally different positions over the course of the ultrasound.  The tech had to keep moving her wand because they kept moving on her. We got some great shots of their profile and got to see every little detail.  We actually had Barrett with us and he liked being able to see the baby on the screen, although he probably had no clue what he was looking at. It made us fall in love even more! 

Here's to baby growing and soaking up every little moment of this pregnancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...