Monday, April 10, 2017

month one

A whole month with this sweet, squishy, cuddly, kissable babe! I know everyone says this, but here are two things I have found all too true since Bodey has been here. It really IS possible to love another child (I really was worried that I could ever love another child like I love Barrett, and also afraid that another baby would take love from B).  So. Not. True. The love somehow explodes and your heart doubles in size. It's incredible.  Also, he's only been with us a month but it truly feels like he's been here all along and we've never been without him.  He fits right in and we all love him SO very much.

Bodey is a little dreamboat. Bear might have been this exact same baby and I'm just saying Bodey is a dreamboat because it's easier second time around? Or maybe he truly is just as dreamy as he seems haha.  He rarely cries, only fusses when hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change. Pretty valid reasons I'd say, and all fixable.  He doesn't really do the "witching hour" like Bear did where he fussed all evening long.  Bodey is definitely wide awake from about 8:30 pm-10 pm every night and needs his paci, but he's not inconsolable by any means.  

He's actually already a pretty good sleeper and shockingly understood the whole day and night thing right from the start (or maybe it was week 2...either way, super quickly!). He did celebrate week 1 with a 4.5 hr and a 5 hr feeding stretch at night! He usually eats around 8 or 9 pm, stays awake and hangs out with Mom and Dad (I think he does this because it's the only time of the day that he gets us to himself! lol), and then snoozes for a bit before eating at 11/11:30 pm and then conking out for the night.  He has actually done this since the very first week we were home! He'll eat that feed and then sleep until sometime between 3 am and 4 am! (a couple 
 times he's made it to 5 am! but he probably eats closer to midnight those times)  He goes back to sleep after that, wakes to eat between 7 and 8 am, and then goes back to sleep until about 10 am! He is a great nurser and loves to eat, just like his big bro!

I got a smile out of him for the first time on his 4 week bday, and I think he is wanting to start cooing really soon!  He dislikes diaper changes.  He LOVES looking around and staring at people's faces and bath time/getting his hair washed.  Also loves being held and being in the carrier-any and all of them.

Happy 1 Month, baby Bodey!


9 lbs 12 oz  //  22.5 in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...