While Matt was busy at work this morning, I ran some errands and finally got this house clean! (the bottom half at least) I unloaded groceries and then took Jax on a nice walk. The sun was shining and he was so happy just trotting along in the neighborhood. Sometimes he gets so excited to be taking a walk that he starts to walk sideways. It's strange, but adorable.
Matt called at about 1 and asked if I was ready for a sushi lunch. Yes please! I love going out to lunch, especially with him. After barely seeing him all week, it was so nice to be able to catch up and laugh.
After lunch I wasn't ready to just go home (he said if we went home he was going to take a nap), so we went on a drive. Which included stopping for a McDonald's ice cream cone of course. We drove past all the massive houses in Carmel and looked through some neighborhoods that we could actually afford. We went into a nice neighborhood in Carmel and saw a house for sale. This house was u-g-l-y, but the neighborhood was cute. Matt made me hop out to grab a flyer. He just wanted to see how much they would sell it for. As I got out of the car to get a flyer, I see him drive away. I assumed he would just drive a little and then reverse but no-he kept driving. So there I stood, by myself on the sidewalk in this random neighborhood as my car drove away. Of course, there was a lady in the garage next door who just stared at me the whole time. I stood there (staring at the flyer) for what felt like forever and then I hear Matt came rolling around the corner. Very funny, Matt. SO embarrassing, but a good laugh I guess :).
Now we're home. Matt is asleep on the couch and Jax and I are organizing the filing cabinet. That really sounds lame doesn't it? I don't care, I love days like this :).
No comments:
Post a Comment