Friday, February 4, 2011

ouch!

This story was meant to be for my husband's humor only, but as I sit here to blog I feel it is only appropriate and my duty to share with you my embarrassing and painful moment of the day...

If you refer back to my last post, you will see that our sidewalk and yard are a complete sheet of ice.  Today it is sunny, so although it is still below freezing outside, the ice is melty enough to make it slightly slicker. 

I left Matt a note this morning to "please pick up Jax's poop outside. it is all over the ice and it looks so disgusting".  Ok, so there's not that much out there, but it really stands out on the white ice. He called me while I was in a class at work to say that he couldn't pick it up because it was frozen.  Makes sense.

Today, as I get home from my class and take Mr. Jax out, I notice once again how disgusting our ice rink of a yard looks.  I go grab some bags inside and start to plot out my plan of attack.

Ok, picture this with me...

I am in my scrubs, wearing my Dansko clogs (NOT the greatest on ice), with his leash in one hand and the bags in the other.

The UPS man just happens to be in his truck next door delivering a package to my neighbor.  The dog is so infatuated with the men in brown uniforms for some reason so he's obsessively staring and wanting to go say "hi" to him.

I realize that the yard is ice and it goes down into a slope to the road, but I put enough faith in myself to slowly and carefully maneuver my way down to the piles of feces. (I know this might be a little gross for some, so sorry!)

As I start my descent down the yard, I feel my feet starting to give. Of course.  I know I am going down.  I fall straight onto my rear, catching my weight with my left wrist.  And slide.  All the way down the yard. Into the road.  In front of the UPS truck.  Dodging poop by an inch.

The dog thinks it's great so he comes and plays with me and knocks me the rest of the way over.

So then I try to get up before UPS man sees me.  Whoops, can't get my footing on straight ice.    Down again.  

I finally make my way back up the hill and realize how bad my wrist hurts.

We go inside and as my loyal dog sits while I take his collar off, I look at him and say, "Wow, that was bad.  Really bad."

The ice yard has defeated me.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...