I am pretty sure that by the end of this house renovating/decorating, every employee at Lowe's in the paint and cabinet/countertop department will know me by name. I am in there every single day I have off for random reasons. Looking at paint swatches, buying paint samples, looking at brushes, picking out kitchen cabinets, counter-top, sink, color/style/price/size/upgrades. It's insane! Insane, but fun :).
I have still not narrowed down my paint selections. This is what happens when you tell the most indecisive human being in the world to pick out the paint colors for the whole house-and quick. Ah! I went over to the house after work on Saturday (after we shared a huge margarita and dinner at El Rodeo) and put a few samples on the wall while Matt finished up his work on the walls. I have such a hard-working husband. He was at the house from 9am-1am on Saturday and then right back at it again on Sunday. I love that he is taking this all so seriously, he wants everything to be done the right way. I am sure there are people who would have just painted the walls and then moved in (heck I probably would have if Matt wasn't around), but he is patching all the nail holes and spots where there were drywall anchors and sanding on top of fixing other things that I don't even know about or understand.
I went back over on Monday to put all of our samples on the walls. Of course I had to take a little break in the backyard in the sun while the first coat dried :). We went back this morning to measure the kitchen to we could take it to Lowe's and getting working on our kitchen renovation. I went back again this afternoon and tried SO hard to narrow down the colors so we can get the paint. We are planning on painting (hopefully) this weekend so I need to start making decisions. Luckily, my friend Tiffany is coming over tonight to give me some opinions. I need them! I can't get more than a "Yeah, that looks nice" Yeah, that one does too. I don't really care, whatever you want" from Matt.
Yay new house :)
"what ever you want" = best answer ever. I don't think I have ever heard it. (JK)
ReplyDeleteAnd you MUST go check out young house love and remodelholic - they are the goddesses of this stuff. My tomatoes are growing big and I have a tiller and LOTS of compost ready to prep your garden this fall. Got to start it in fall so its ready for spring.
:) you already had great colors picked out but loved helping narrow down the decision!! your house is so cute & I'm so glad you guys get to add your own touches!!
ReplyDelete