What a gorgeous day to be off work! After working the past 3 days in a row, I was more than ecstatic to get to enjoy the sunshine today.
I got all the laundry finished this morning, cleaned the kitchen, and started running my errands. I made a trip to Pottery Barn first-I have a gift card from some super sweet parents of a baby I took care of in the NICU. Speaking of that, I really miss them! It was so nice to have a baby at work that I knew I always would have. I love him so much and I love his family. I am excited to watch him grow :) I digress...Pottery Barn is an awesome store. I've only looked through the magazines, but never to a store. Everything is beautiful and I want it all, but it is very expensive. Even though they were having sales and I had a gift card, I had a hard time spending that much money. I think I need a shopping buddy to go back with me and help me :).
After Pottery Barn, I went over to Bed Bath & Beyond to try and pick out a rug for our dining room. Our dining room is hardwood and I want to put a rug under our dining room table so it doesn't scratch the floor. I want to get the rug before we move in so we don't risk putting the table on the wood. I ran a few more errands and then made my way to the pool! I only have a few more weeks of being able to use this pool, so I need to take advantage of it. It was beautiful out today. I was so relaxed at the pool. So relaxed that I woke myself up snoring at least 4 times. Unfortunately there were quite a few people at the pool so I am sure at least someone heard me. Oh well.
I came back and took Jax on another long walk and then brought him back in to do tricks with him. Matt and I are teaching him to "hide". He puts his head down when we say it, but we are trying to get him to cover up on face with his paw. We are getting there! He learns so quickly. I went to BodyPump tonight at the Keystone gym. I got to go to the class with my favorite instructor, go to an earlier time than at my gym, and to see the gym before we move since that one will now be the closed by a mile or 2.
I was so excited to learn that Matt was on his way home while I was making dinner. I started dinner pretty late hoping I'd catch him. I made a chicken taco cornbread casserole. It was delicious! It was SO nice to get to finally eat a dinner at the dining room table with my husband. It has been forever since we have done that. Probably even months. With our work schedules it's impossible to eat dinner at a decent time together. We could on weekends that I am off, but our weekends have been spent at the new house lately. I just love him.
Tomorrow I am heading up to Lafayette to see Ashley and Madi! I haven't seen them since Madi was 2 days old. She is now a month old! Time is flying. She is the sweetest baby girl. I can't wait to spend the afternoon with them!
I work this holiday weekend-Saturday, Sunday, and Monday so today was my Saturday! Good thing I love who I work with :)
After Pottery Barn, I went over to Bed Bath & Beyond to try and pick out a rug for our dining room. Our dining room is hardwood and I want to put a rug under our dining room table so it doesn't scratch the floor. I want to get the rug before we move in so we don't risk putting the table on the wood. I ran a few more errands and then made my way to the pool! I only have a few more weeks of being able to use this pool, so I need to take advantage of it. It was beautiful out today. I was so relaxed at the pool. So relaxed that I woke myself up snoring at least 4 times. Unfortunately there were quite a few people at the pool so I am sure at least someone heard me. Oh well.
I came back and took Jax on another long walk and then brought him back in to do tricks with him. Matt and I are teaching him to "hide". He puts his head down when we say it, but we are trying to get him to cover up on face with his paw. We are getting there! He learns so quickly. I went to BodyPump tonight at the Keystone gym. I got to go to the class with my favorite instructor, go to an earlier time than at my gym, and to see the gym before we move since that one will now be the closed by a mile or 2.
I was so excited to learn that Matt was on his way home while I was making dinner. I started dinner pretty late hoping I'd catch him. I made a chicken taco cornbread casserole. It was delicious! It was SO nice to get to finally eat a dinner at the dining room table with my husband. It has been forever since we have done that. Probably even months. With our work schedules it's impossible to eat dinner at a decent time together. We could on weekends that I am off, but our weekends have been spent at the new house lately. I just love him.
Tomorrow I am heading up to Lafayette to see Ashley and Madi! I haven't seen them since Madi was 2 days old. She is now a month old! Time is flying. She is the sweetest baby girl. I can't wait to spend the afternoon with them!
I work this holiday weekend-Saturday, Sunday, and Monday so today was my Saturday! Good thing I love who I work with :)
No comments:
Post a Comment