Tuesday, November 15, 2011

:(

This morning I got a very shocking email from the Lifestyle Family Fitness corporate office and from my group fitness manager...

  On November 30th, LFF will be no more.  2 of the 3 clubs will be taken over by Life Time Fitness and the other one (closest to our house) will be closed for good.  

The most depressing part-Life Time Fitness does not and has not ever had Les Mills group fitness classes. Les Mills is the company who sponsors classes such as BodyPump, BodyCombat, BodyAttack, CxWorx and so many more.  These are the group fitness classes I started out in and that have changed my life.  I am certified to teach and have been teaching BodyPump for months now and I can't imagine not doing it.  I have told Matt so many times how happy it makes me to teach and everyone knows how much I love attending all the other classes.  It makes my day.  I live for it.  It's what I look forward to.  And now it's gone.

All of the group fitness instructors who teach are now out of jobs.  Since Life Time does not have Les Mills classes, we can not teach.  The club must be certified with Les Mills and Life Time is not.  I don't know what is going to happen. I'd love to think that there will be so much of an uproar from instructors and members that they will have no choice but to buy the Les Mills certification, but my gut says no.  They have come this far without it, and are even buying out other clubs-why would they pay even more money to add classes that they are seemingly fine without now.

I am angry. Sad. Hurt. Devastated. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jamie. I'm sure something will work out. Have faith. I will pray for you that a door open and good come from this.

    Erika I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ... I am so sorry!! :( Texting u tomorrow, I have an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry. That does suck.

    But - at least you can still save babies. You are a big freaking deal.

    And I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...