This was an awesome weekend at work. How many people can say that?! Occasionally Usually I am bitter about working every third weekend. The weekends are when everyone else is off of work and it just feels strange to be working. It's always frustrating when friends make plans or when my hubby wants to do something, but it ends up falling on my weekend to work. Bummer. There are other times, like this past weekend, that I don't even think twice about it.
I absolutely LOVE my co-workers. They really make the environment what it is. They are definitely an integral part of why I love it there so much. The camaraderie and the teamwork are just unbelievable. The whole "nurses eat their young" thing? Not applicable. Although I am always admiring the vets on the unit, they still treat us youngin's as their peers and value our skills and thoughts. It's so awesome. I really feel so comfortable on the unit and I am in awe of the type of work we do day in and day out. I am so honored to be a part of this team and proud of our unit.
![]() |
| Getting ready to walk out the door! Photo taken by father of baby...ok'd by him to post :) |
![]() |
| Pictures from Google |
We are also on our journey to obtain Magnet designation. It has taken us years and a ton of hard work to get everything together, but we are in the final stages and will soon (hopefully) be awarded Magnet Status! For those of you who aren't sure about what Magnet status is, I got a little excerpt from a website because honestly I can't explain it any better :). "Magnet status is an award given by the American Nurses' Credentialing Center (ANCC), to hospitals that satisfy a set of criteria designed to measure the strength and quality of their nursing. A Magnet hospital is stated to be one where nursing delivers excellent patient outcomes, where nurses have a high level of job satisfaction, and where there is a low staff nurse turnover rate and appropriate grievance resolution. Magnet status is also said to indicate nursing involvement in data collection and decision-making in patient care delivery. The idea is that Magnet nursing leaders value staff nurses, involve them in shaping research-based nursing practice, and encourage and reward them for advancing in nursing practice. Magnet hospitals are supposed to have open communication between nurses and other members of the health care team, and an appropriate personnel mix to attain the best patient outcomes and staff work environment." (From http://truthaboutnursing.org/faq/magnet.html) It's basically a "magnet" to draw nurses in to our hospital because of our high standards and excellent working conditions. Pretty cool stuff!
I hope I still love my job (whatever/wherever that may be) this much in 20 years. I am one lucky girl.






No comments:
Post a Comment