Hello out there! It's been forever since I have been on here to blog. It seems like I sit down to blog, but then something turns my attention away. Here is a brief update of what's been going on these past couple weeks here at The Dunn Casa.
*I am back to picking up overtime at work. They have been cutting Matt's hours down a bit at UPS, so I have been picking up some extra just to even it out. I am so lucky that I have that option to pick up overtime when we need it.
*Kiwi Fitness has been doing great ever since we opened! Our launch went off without a hitch and we actually had 64 people during our BodyPump class! It was crazy! I'll have to do a post later on it with all of the cool pictures. We have already had quite a few new members sign up. It's always nice to see some familiar faces from LFF and also to meet new members who sometimes have not never taken a Les Mills class before. I had 5 brand new pumpers in my class alone this past Monday!
I also got some exciting news last week...I am taking up another BodyPump class! Not only will I be teaching Monday mornings, but now also on Thursday mornings! I am so excited. I will say it makes it harder for me to schedule at work. If I am teaching, I can't work that day (since we work 12 hour shifts) so it makes it tough. I will have a harder time picking up overtime so I am going to have to see how that works out too. It's such a fun hobby to have, I just have to make sure I am not stretching myself too thinly with this and working full-time while still making time for fun.
*Matt just sold one of his motorcycles this past weekend. A guy he used to work with bought it. It's nice to actually have been able to sell it; we've had it off and on Craig's List for a couple years now (although we weren't really trying TOO hard to sell it). Plus, Matt only lost a couple hundred dollars between what he sold it for and what he paid for it so that was a huge bonus. It is nice to have more room in the garage now, but I know it makes Matt a little sad. That was the first big purchase he ever made and he really wanted to put it towards getting a new Harley...but that's just not in the cards right now. Sorry babe!
*We've had some great weekends with friends/family recently and we have a lot of exciting things coming up in the next couple months. Matt and I went to Ohio this past weekend to see my Nana Sue. She hasn't been doing very well and actually had to have hip surgery about a month ago. I was pleasantly surprised when we visited her. She looked great! I thought she sounded better and was getting around better than the last time I saw her. She has definitely made some progress which is exciting. We brought Jax to see her and I think he brightened her day a bit :)
We've got the Super Bowl coming to Indy in a couple weeks and that will be so fun to see our city turned into a Super Bowl city! We are planning on taking advantage of the festivities. We aren't too sure of our plans yet, but I have the weekend off!
In March, Matt and I and a friend of mine are going to Illinois for the Les Mills Quarterly! It is basically a day full of Les Mills classes where the best in the business (including the owner of Kiwi Fitness!) are presenting them to a crowd of about 300 people. It is going to be a blast. We have a big group of us going from Kiwi. I've never been to a Quarterly before and I am sure this one will be unforgettable :)
No comments:
Post a Comment