week 17
Got our quad screen results back this week and all looks good! Negative test results means happy parents :). We will breathe a tiny sigh of relief, but just wait for two more weeks until we can see Baby D on ultrasound and be assured everything looks great.
I'm still Team Blue and totally think you are a boy and Matt is still thinking you are a girl. We will found out in 3 weeks!
week 18
| Ok, I feel like I look huge here...like three times the size of last week! Disclaimer-I had just worked all day and had a big Mexican fiesta for dinner. Not the best time for our weekly picture :) |
Baby is the size of a sweet potato measuring 5.5 inches long and weighing 7 oz.
week 19
Biggest deal of the week? Our ultrasound! We got to see this sweet baby (and super cute I might add) on ultrasound on Monday. It was absolutely amazing. I had no clue my love could grow for this little thing, but one look at it moving around and I was stolen again. I can't even imagine when we actually get to meet him or her! I just love how you can tell that it looks like a little baby now and not just a blob. It was going wild during the scan; we had so much fun watching it play around and kick and punch in there. We got the amazing news from my doctor that everything checked out great with the anatomy scan...hallelujah! That is the only news I needed to know. Yes, I can't WAIT to find out if it is a boy or a girl, but I was so anxious for the actual anatomy scan and I just wanted everything to be ok. I know ultrasounds aren't 100% and stuff can always happen, but I am breathing just a little easier now and I'm taking it :). Cutest thing ever? We caught the baby trying to suck it's thumb. It was going crazy and squirming and then started raising it's hand to it's mouth and calmed for just a second...and then went wild again.
We had the ultrasound tech write if it was a boy or girl in a card and had her put it in an envelope. After the ultrasound, I dropped the envelope off at my friend's house (on the back porch since she was at work). No, I did not peek! She is the one who is getting our balloon ready for the reveal party. Her and the ultrasound tech are the only ones who know! Such a weird feeling. I think everyone else is going much crazier than we are that we didn't find out. Honestly, all I wanted was to see the baby and to make sure it was good and the gender will just be the cherry on top! I think it all feel so much more real once we know what it is. I can't wait!
As excited as I am to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl, after that I want this to all slow down a little bit! Wishful thinking right? I just love everything about this pregnancy and I don't want to rush or hurry it in any way. I love the job I have been given of keeping this baby safe and healthy and I want to make sure we are taking in every moment. I am so thankful for every single day we are given with this baby!
Baby is the size of a mango this week weighing in at 10 oz (actual weight on our ultrasound!) and 6 inches long. On ultrasound, the baby measured 19 wks and 1 day which is just about dead on with our due date and the heart rate was 160 bpm. My blood pressure is back to normal and shockingly I had no weight gain in the 4 weeks since our last appointment. I think it has a lot to do with my body just changing around, less BodyPump muscles and more baby :).

No comments:
Post a Comment