We had our Gender Reveal Party last weekend to find out if Baby Dunn was a boy or a girl! The week started off with ultrasound day! We warned our tech ahead of time that we didn't want to know the sex of the baby that day, but instead I brought a card for her to fill in the blank of "Baby Dunn is a ..." and add the pictures of the boy/girl parts to it. She got all of her measurements first, turned the screen so we could "play", and then turned it back away to figure out the gender. That ultrasound was the most amazing experience...seeing our little baby moving all around and all healthy in there was incredible. Boy or girl, we didn't care-healthy baby is all we needed to hear!

Sunday of that week was our Gender Reveal Party! It was an absolute success! Feeling the love and support of so many of our family and friends was indescribable. Everyone was so excited to find out what the baby was and they were so happy to be celebrating with us. We couldn't ask for more. We are so blessed with these people we get to call "ours" :).
The food, decorations, and company was perfect. My mom, Matt , and I set up all the decorations on Saturday afternoon and Matt started making up some of the food. We got all the tables set up and everything in place so that on Sunday all we had to do was put finishing touches on food, have an area for Tiffany to set up her desserts and candy bar and decorations she brought (she was the biggest help ever! I was so thankful for her help), and get ready to party!
 |
| lip and mustache straws...they took forever to make! |
 |
| 6 to 4...what will Baby Dunn be?! |
 |
| I made the banner, the boards, and set up the decorations on the table. SO fun! |
 |
| I loved how everything turned out! |
 |
| Quilts my Great-Grandmother made |
 |
| Matt and I's baby pictures |
 |
| Amazing desserts! |
 |
| Chili bar was a success. Chili cheese dogs, walking tacos, chili noodles, nachos-it was a hit! |
 |
| THE BALLOON!! |
 |
| grandparents |
 |
| Brown/Barrett family |
 |
| Smith family |
 |
| Dunn/Eberhardt side |
 |
beautiful friends!
It was time for the reveal! We had Team Pink and Team Blue get together for pictures. |
And then it was time to find out! Is Baby Dunn a boy or a girl?!
It's a....
BOY!!!!!!!!
YAY!!! Baby Dunn is a sweet little baby BOY! We are SO excited! I have always pictured us having a boy first for some reason so now that we know it's a boy it is so cool! I am so excited to see Matt with a little mini version of him. I will definitely be outnumbered in this house though, which is totally fine by me :). I am so excited to see what he will look like and to hold him close and never let go...until kindergarten and then maybe I will. Or potty training...that will be a Daddy job I think. Knowing this little baby is a boy makes it all the more real and it's so fun to know. IT'S A BOY!
The blue confetti from the balloon made a great prop...
Ladies and gentlemen, we've got ourselves a little man growing away in there :) Baby Boy, you are already so loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment