week 20
Halfway to a full-term pregnancy! What a crazy feeling. And now we know we've got a little baby boy growing away in there, we are so excited! We've always thought it'd be cool to have a boy first (although we truly would've been equally excited for a girl) and now we get to experience it! I can't wait to see Matt teach him all of the boy things he needs to know. If he ends up being half as amazing as his Dad, I will be so thankful. I couldn't ask for a better person to be the father of this baby and I am so happy this baby gets to be a little mini-me of Matt. You are already so loved, little one!
Baby's movements are getting even stronger and more frequent, best feeling ever. 20+3 was a big day...Matt felt him moving and kicking! I was sitting on the couch and waited up for him to get home from work. I felt the baby moving around and called him over to feel. Usually he stops moving the minute Matt puts his hand on my belly, but not this time! I put his hand up at the top right side of my belly and we waited. After about a minute, he did a big kick and Matt said," I felt it!!". Yay! I've been waiting for him to be able to feel the baby ever since I started being able to feel him. SO happy it happened! I've been feeling pretty great overall. I'm so thankful for a smooth pregnancy thus far and hope that it continues!
Baby is the size of a banana weighing in at 10.6 oz and 6.5 in long.
| IT'S A BOY! |
week 21
Everyday this feels even more real. We registered for Matt's benefits and while I was filling out my information as a dependent I realized that in 4.5 months we will have a son to add to our plan. He will have his own name and social security number and everything. This just got real :). I went with Matt to get his flu shot and Tdap shot this week just so we can be sure we are protecting me and the baby from any kind of sickness. Afterwards we treated ourselves to Einstein Bagels....mmm toasted Pumpkin bagel.
Lately, I've been noticing what is probably Braxton Hicks contractions. I notice it mostly at night (not every night, it's just random) when I'm laying in bed. My stomach is rock hard and stays that way for around 30 seconds and then goes away and sometimes it does it a couple times before I actually fall asleep. No pain or cramping so that's good. I've noticed it a couple times while at work too, but those times it seems to happen on days when I'm really busy. My lower back has been bugging me off and on, mostly after the days I teach BP. I think I'm going to stop putting the bar up on my back for the lunge track and if it continues maybe I will drop my squat weight down. It's nothing horrible, I'm sure it's just my changing center of gravity.
Baby is the size of pomegranate this week weighing in at 13 oz and 10.5 in long.
week 22
This baby is a wild man! This past weekend he was a crazy wiggle worm in there. It was insane how much he moved all day long. I have really started to notice his movements and kicks becoming way more frequent and getting stronger this week. Even other people besides Matt have been able to feel him! One day at work this week, I was orienting a new nurse so I was able to just sit with my hand on my belly to feel all of his kicks most of the day. Incredible! I find myself grabbing Matt or calling him wherever I am when he really gets going and Matt comes running. A couple times the baby has kicked so hard that it startles me and I jump in my chair. I'm already thinking about how I am going to miss being able to feel him like this, but I'll be able to snuggle him then so I guess that's ok ;).
We headed up to northern Indiana this weekend for our friend's gender reveal party! We found out they are having a little boy too! This is going to be so fun watching these two little boys being best friends :). We also were able to stop by our other friend's new house and visit with them and their adorable 8 month old son. Being with him made me even more excited to know this baby is a boy. I also was able to have a Potbelly's chocolate shake this weekend so I'd say it was a successful weekend! I've started making a list on what we want to register for and this weekend Matt and I are going to go to the store and test out some strollers. Fun stuff! We've also started planning the nursery and I think an Ikea trip is in our future. Now we just have to work on getting everything moved out of the room.
Baby is the size of a papaya weighing in at 13-21 oz (around 1 pound!) and 12 inches long!
No comments:
Post a Comment