Thanks to everyone for asking about/praying for my mom. She is now out of the hospital and back home. The diagnosis is that she did in fact have a TIA on Monday.
After all the tests, the doctor explained that this happened as the result of a group of her arteries supplying her brain with blood are small. Not blocked with plaque or any other junk, but just small. He thinks she was born with them this way and she is just now seeing effects of that. They found a couple other things that they aren't too focused on as well. From what she told me, angioplasty is not in the plan-he said it would not correct this. She will just have to keep a better eye on herself, RELAX, continue taking her blood presure meds, and add a daily aspirin to her regimen. Most importantly, she will need to come to the ER at the first sign of this happening again. I'm a little peeved because when I talked to her, they hadn't given her any education on a stroke. Hopefully they did at discharge, but I'll be sure to go over it in more detail :).
Jamie, I'm so sorry. I had NO idea. I am happy your mom is better. She and your family will be in my prayers for sure!!!!
ReplyDeleteErika I.