Tuesday, May 17, 2011

team teaching

I have finally started my team teachings for BodyPump! I had to wait until our gym launched the new release that I trained on before I did my 4 team teaches.  After I am done with these, I will teach a whole class on my own, film it, send it in to Les Mills for certification, and wait and see!

I did my first team teaching this past Sunday at my gym with one of my FAVORITE instructors.  I actually thought I wouldn't have a chance to teach with her, but it worked out on Sunday.  It was so fun to be there, especially with her, but I was SO. NERVOUS. There were 50 people in that class. HUGE. There were only 2 benches left that weren't in use.  In other words, it was almost a packed class.  I did the 2nd half of the class and got less nervous as it went on.  I think I was more nervous because she is such a good instructor that I felt like I had huge shoes to fill by following her.  But it was so much fun.

THEN, this morning I did my 2nd team teach.  At 6 am! That is just unheard of.  I have never gotten up that early to work out, let alone doing BodyPump.  Plus, it was at the Fishers gym, so I got up bright and early and left the house at 510 am to make sure I had enough time to get there, get set up, and get ready.  Needless to say, I just woke up from a nap about an hour ago. Back to bed it was for me when I got home. Remind me never to live in Fishers.  69 traffic is horrendous.  Anyways, this morning actually went REALLY well. I woke up quicker than I thought and I actually did the first half of the class this time.  I think it was a mixture of not knowing anyone in the class and the class being under 50 people that made me feel more comfortable up there.  It was so super awesome. I have gotten really good feedback and I can't wait to start teaching on my own.  I was surprised how much fun doing BodyPump at 6 am was...or maybe it was just the people in the class that were rockin.

My next class is next Monday and then I wait until June 2nd to do it again.  I am planning on filming that weekend after just in case I need to do it again.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...