Tuesday, December 30, 2014

texas

We traveled to Houston last month for a family wedding and took Barrett with us for his first plane ride! I was up until 2 am packing and then we were up at 430 to leave for our flight.  Next time I need to start packing like 2 months before we leave :).  We got to the airport, checked in, and made our way to the lobby for some breakfast.  We fed Barrett his baby food and headed through security.  We did a combo of stroller, the Ergo, and just carrying him.  He was great in the airport and loved looking at everyone and everything.











Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous on how he'd do.  He is active.  Very active.  He always wants to be on the go, not a "sit still" kind of kid.  I envisioned him wanting to get down on the plane floor so bad and not having any room and him getting mad and me sweating...you get the picture.  BUT, he did great! Matt's mom flew with us which was awesome! Having Grandma there was a huge help. On the flight down, I fed him on takeoff (still nursing him is what saved us!) and I thought he would fall asleep but there was too much going on.  We did a lot of reading books, getting out toys, passing between Matt and I, and eventually we put him in his carseat because he was acting tired but just wouldn't fall asleep.  He was asleep within a few minutes. 
sometimes he sticks his paci in upside down and puts in under his lip...weirdo :)




We made it safely to the Houston airport and made the venture of getting luggage and our rental car.  We had SO much luggage.  It drove Matt crazy, but I am an admitted over packer and this was not the trip to skimp. 




We stopped to get some Mexican food for lunch and then headed to our hotel.  That night Matt went out for the bachelor party and Barrett and I hung with everyone else at the hotel.  It was so fun being with his family!



We did a lot of eating out and did some shopping on Friday.  The wedding was on Saturday and we had so much fun!  It was so great to celebrate Matt's cousin.  We are so happy for them.  We had a blast dancing and partying with his family.  It is always a good time :).  Barrett did great!  He stayed up past his bedtime but held his own being held and dancing around.  He actually slept pretty crappy the entire trip-combo of new place and getting 3 teeth at once so we were a little worried how he'd do.  Little trooper :).






























The flight home was even better-he slept the whole 2.5 hours!  We had a great time! A very successful first vacation with the Bear :)



A little cousin airplane selfie...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...