Monday, November 15, 2010

95

I have been one of those lucky people that get to grow up with Great-Grandparents.  My Great-Grandmother on my Dad's side was alive when I was a little girl and I remember her mostly through pictures.  My Great-Grandparents on my Mom's side were a big part of my childhood and have been a part of my life all the way up until this past weekend. My Great-Grandfather passed away almost 6 years ago and we lost my Great-Grandmother yesterday at the impressive age of 95.

Great-Grandma and Grandpa Smith had a house in Converse where all the grandkids and great-grandkids have memories of the little green tractor (every grandkid has a picture on this tractor), grandpa's tricks, the garden, the Amish restaurant, and the variety of toys they always pulled out for us.  My family really made it a point to have them a part of my life as I was growing up.  I have SO many great memories and fun pictures of them, and I am so thankful they were a part of my life.

My Great-Grandpa was a jokester and had so many "tricks" and jokes for us kids.  He was such a great entertainer. Even when he was legally blind, he always knew who was standing beside him and who walked through the door.

Great-Grandma always remarked about how soon enough we would all be taller than her, and sure enough we were.  Another memory (which is the most delicious of all) is Grandma Smith bars.  These are a tradition in my family and I don't know of anyone who doesn't love these.  We don't have a holiday without them.  Luckily Grandma passed down her recipes so we can continue with her great food.
Great-Grandma Smith 

4 Generations

Great-Grandma and Great-Great-Granddaughter Damara

There are so many great memories I have of my Great-Grandparents and I am so thankful I was able to share these memories with them :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...