Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Honeymoon Tomas

Well, this blog is beginning to be a joint effort (barely though). Matt thought of this post title...like Hurricane Tomas, but Honeymoon Tomas instead, get it? His favorite title he thought of was "Jamaicans on jitneys...Man, what a ride!", but I nixed that. (A jitney is a little mini truck type thing that the Jamaicans drive around the resort and transport the guests around. There is not a whole lot holding you inside, no seat belts, and they drive like absolute maniacs...see picture below)

Our honeymoon was amazing! We went back to the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica where we actually visited last December. We were nervous to go with the whole tropical storm thing going on, but it didn't put a damper on our trip at all.  We had a couple days of on and off rain, but that didn't stop us from staying in the pool/ocean and relaxing with an island drink.

We did a few things different this time around:

  One was that we stayed on the opposite side of the resort.  We had a little villa which had a pool! We spent most of our time at the huge pool with the swim-up bar though.  

We did the rock climbing wall! I was nervous, but Matt was set on doing the hardest course they had.  We both made it to the top and conquered the rock wall.  

We also had a $250 spa credit this time around and we used that on a couple aromatherapy massage.  Boy, that was incredible! Matt has never had a massage, so he was in heaven. I have had quite a few, and I will say that was the best massage I have ever had! We were pretty relaxed for the rest of that day.  We both fell asleep on the beach for about an hour or two after that.

We miss being waited on hand and foot in paradise, but are so happy to be back home with our pup.  Lauren and my mom schemed together and my mom surprised Matt and I by picking us up at the airport with Jax! We were soooo happy :). 

I figured I would tell the rest of our honeymoon story through pictures... 

The big pool with the swim-up bar where we spent most of our days.  Normally we would get up, eat breakfast, and then spend the rest of the day at the pool or ocean with a drink in hand, make a pit stop for lunch, and then go back to the water.  Heaven!

The drink man

At a Sandals Select dinner for guests who were coming back for a second time

Dinner menu of one of the 8 restaurants.  We ate dinner at 2 different places EVERY night.  We took advantage of all-inclusive for sure.

Island drinks by day, wine by night.

View of our balcony

Our pool! We actually didn't even get in it since we spent most of our time at the big pool or beach.

The jitneys I was talking about above.  Crazy drivers!!

My cute husband. We went out to these swings over the ocean after breakfast one morning.

Hey they named a sports bar after me!

Out for dinner

Another yummy menu

Weird little fruits on the palm trees

Honeymooners

Absolute relaxation!

Dinner # 1

Dinner # 2 same night

After eating 2 dinners...so full!

Purple Rain! A fantastic island drink I was loving in Jamaica.

Our new friends from Colorado we met.  They were so fun! It was so nice to spend a couple days with them.

The bartender (of 1 of 11 bars on property) had us come behind the bar and make a shot.  We had a contest on who could make the best one :)


Bamboo!

I had to get in a little Aquacise. 

And then skip out half-way through to grab a drink at the swim-up bar.

Taxi ride to downtown Ocho Rios to shop! I felt like a rebel :)


All geared up for rock climbing!


Go Matt Go!

Beautiful! Our last full day there it ended up being gorgeous and sunny.  I love this place!




Sipping on dirty bananas.  Another amazing island drink!

I'm so glad we were able to get away and enjoy a honeymoon together! I can't believe we have been married for almost 2 months already! We are so lucky and blessed and HAPPY.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...