Saturday, December 4, 2010

Loving Our HOA

We got the first pretty decent snow of the year today and it really made me appreciate our Homeowner's Association (not really "our" HOA since we are renting, but whatever).  They already mow our lawn and pick up the leaves for us, but we found out that they plow our neighborhood (I guess that's a given) and shovel our sidewalks!  Jax would really appreciate if they would shovel our yard as well, since he's just not so sure about this whole snow thing.

I got home from work tonight (after scraping my windows with no gloves and waiting for my car to heat up in the parking lot...yuck Winter) and had to let Jax out.  Matt had texted me during the day to say that he wasn't sure what to make of the snow so I was prepared for him to be a little weenie when it came to going outside in the snow.  Our sidewalks hadn't been shoveled yet, so he would not move from the Welcome mat.  I knew he had to go since he had been in his kennel for awhile so I made him just sit there until he moved.  He finally waddled/jumped/skipped his way to the snow-covered grass and went.  He cracks me up to see him try and walk in the snow without it touching his feet.  

The snow really is pretty and I am a fan of it for a couple weeks and then I am over it.  For now, I like it though :).  It was really pretty this morning driving to work at 6:45 am when it was still dark, still snowing, and the ground was still sparkling with new snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...