Monday, December 27, 2010

A Week of Christmas

Before I start in on this post, I have to tell you how amazing and wintery my house smells right now.  If you need a good wintery candle, I suggest Winter by Slatkin and Co. (at Bath and Body Works).  I love it!

Christmas 2010
We had a fantastic first Christmas as newlyweds!  We are so lucky that our families somehow always plan their events on different days, so we were able to go to everyone's everything this year.

We got Jax in October when he was 12 weeks old
My Dad got us some awesome ornaments for Christmas.  2010 was a busy and exciting year for us and we can represent that now with our Christmas ornaments :). Here are some pictures of them.
I graduated in May and became an RN in June!
Married in September

















Awesome honeymoon in November

The Sunday before Christmas, we had a Smith family Christmas at Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Janice's.  We got to spend the holiday in their brand new home! I am in love with their house, it is so gorgeous!  I can't imagine the stress of building/designing your own home, but they (and Grandpa Jerry) did a fantastic job.  This day was also exciting because we all got to meet the newest member of the family, Braydyn!  He was only a week old when we met him.  I got some much appreciated snuggle time with him before he was passed around all day.  It was so strange to me to feed and hold a baby without a gown and gloves...work has brainwashed me! :)

LOVE him

Momma Lydia and Great-Grandma Mary (that sounds crazy!)

Tre' and Juliet playing

Mom and Aunt Janice getting the food ready

Damara playing with Mackey


My adorable niece and nephew

With my hubs
Our fam :)

The kids opening their Xbox Kinect

Matt and I drove up to his mom's on Thursday after I got off work so we could wake up Christmas Eve morning with his family.  They always celebrate on Christmas Eve and then we go to Christmas mass that night.  I love traditions.  

Jax found a buddy for opening presents :)


Janet and her new KitchenAid mixer from us kids! She had been using her stand mixer from their wedding 29 years ago! The speed control was finally going out so we upgraded her :)
Jax ruined the family picture by yawning

That's better! The Dunns :)
Uncle Matt helping Daniel open gifts...Jax hiding in his lap

My nephew :)
Worn out from Christmas festivities

JENGA! I'd say it was a pretty great gift to get him

On Christmas Eve after mass and my mom's house, we invaded the Layton Christmas.  I finally got to meet baby Noah! This kid is too cute! His facial expressions just crack me up.
Momma Amy and Noah!
Uncle Troy and Noah
Sweet baby boy...don't let those Layton boys teach you anything! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...