We are so done with paying rent. It's in one form or another just a waste of money since we aren't putting it towards anything. Our rent now is a joke. A stupid amount of money. If this was a mortgage payment, we'd be high-rolling (well, in my opinion and I don't know a whole lot about the whole thing, so maybe don't believe me). And we are so ready to be done with it.
Sooooo we've started the search to buy our first house :). We didn't want to buy right away once we moved down here since we had no clue what our future was going to bring, but we've decided to start looking around here in Indy. I don't know if I am quite prepared for this whole thing, but I am so excited.
We are using the realtor who helped us find this place and we've started talking with some lenders. It feels good to get the ball rolling early. I know it can be a long road and I have heard some horror stories, but I am hopeful it will all work out for the best.
Introducing the Dunns...first time homebuyers in the making.
We have loved owning a house! It's been an overall good experience. The only word of advice I would have is always pay less than you get approved for or think you can afford monthly because you'll have extra expenses you didn't have with renting. Things like purchasing a lawn mower, getting sprayed for bugs, etc.
ReplyDeleteHave fun! I can't wait to see what ya'll wind up with!
Love, love, love this!!! You guys will be fine! :) yes, it can be a little stressful and it's lots and lots of paperwork, but totally worth it! We had a really good experience with it all and I know you will too :) I agree with your friend Laura, there is so much stuff you need that you don't even think about. And of course you will want some new things for decorating and making your first house look fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteMOVE BY ME!!! Fresh eggs for life.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am very excited because life goes get married -get dog- buy house - have BABY!!!!!!!!!!