I feel like I have been hiding from blogging! I haven't meant to of course, I just haven't had a chance to actually SIT and blog.
We have been slammed at work. We have 70-some babies right now. That is a lot of babies. Our acuity is also pretty high...lots of tiny, sick babes. A lot of babies= nurses working overtime. I have picked up at least one extra 12 hour shift every week for about a month now so I have been doing 4 shifts instead of the normal 3. I think I need to cool it for a week or two...it is really starting to wear me out. BUT we are still in need of extra nurses, so it looks like I will be working overtime for at least the next 3 weeks (I am already on the schedule for those extra days). If our census stays the way it is now it is going to be a busy, busy spring/summer.
This is totally random, but I can't stop thinking about this. Jax loves those rawhide bones. I mean LOVES them. This dog can lay and chew on one of those for hours. Tonight, I noticed him chewing on something and went over to see. I had about 3 seconds to see it was a piece of his bone, and then 2 seconds later it was gone. He swallowed that whole piece. Now my mind goes into panic mode. Is he going to have a bowel obstruction? It makes matters worse when I called Matt freaking out and he says, "You know those things swell in his stomach right?". I don't know if that's true or if he was just messing with me; either way, I am panicking. I googled signs and symptoms and here's a piece of advice-if this happens to you and your dog DO NOT google "bowel obstruction rawhide bone". If you had any question that it will happen, after reading these websites I am on full-alert. I know I am being neurotic. I am too obsessed with this dog.
Update on BodyPump-I can officially start my team teaching after May 14th. That is when my gym launches the new release that I was trained on. Every 3 months, Les Mills has a new release that comes out with new music and choreography that you learn and then "launch"it to your gym. It's a pretty big deal...no one is allowed to do any songs from the new release until it is launched (hence why I can't team teach until after it's launched). I've sent my schedule to the manager and I am just waiting on scheduling my days. The next step is filming. I have to teach a class on my own and videotape it, send it in, and then get critiqued on like a million little things to see if I pass. You should see the checklist of stuff we have to do during teaching in order to pass...it's intense. My film is due by July 3rd, but I plan on getting it done ASAP.
What else do we have going on?
House hunting, pre-approval getting, etc, etc...
Never a dull moment! :)
Never a dull moment! :)
Paisley LOVES raw hides too! And now I am going to be freaked out about that as well! I will make a mental note never to google what could happen though, thanks! Love you! :)
ReplyDelete