Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend

I had this weekend off from work and we were supposed to venture to Ohio to spend a Thanksgiving with my Nana Sue and my Dad's side of the family.  It ended up not working out at the last minute so I was left with a weekend off work...with no plans.  What?! That never happens!

It ended up being an absolutely fantastic weekend.  Matt got up super early and went hunting Saturday morning with his friends in Lafayette.  I slept in (if 7:15 counts as sleeping in to you) and then went to Bodypump. Afterwards, I gathered up the pup, packed him a bag, and we road tripped to Lafayette. 

BFFs :)
 Jax finally got to have a play date with Miss Paisley! My friend Ashley and her husband Matt just got an American Bulldog puppy a couple months ago and her and Jax are very close in age.  Paisley weighs about 40 lbs...much bigger than Jax's little 10 lb. self, so I was a little nervous to see how they'd play together.  From the minute we walked in the door, they went at it.  It was so hilarious to see the two of them play and chase each other all over the house.  I only managed to get one picture (and Ashley actually took it); even though they would play hard, whenever one of them would go to grab a drink the other would follow and they'd mellow out long enough to gulp down a few sips.  I'm so glad we finally got these two together to play!

Before I made my way back home, I stopped by my mom's house to let Jax say hi to his favorite cat friend.  He terrorizes this cat and chases him around the house but Max (the cat) just takes it and then finds a spot in the house high enough that Jax can't reach him.  


That evening, my Dad and Ann came from Ohio and had dinner with us! It was so nice to spend the evening with them.  We made White Chicken Chili and it was delicious! Here's the recipe:

White Chicken Chili

2 lbs. chicken -cooked and chopped
1 48 oz. jar of white northern beans 
16 oz. salsa
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder

Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours.
(or you can combine all ingredients and put in a pot and cook on stove)




We had a fire going and full bellies.  My Dad and Matt ended our evening by moving all the furniture in the living room and playing Tiger Woods golf on the Xbox.
 Boys will be boys :)

 On Sunday, we took Jax to his puppy class (which is always entertainment to say the least) and watched our Colts!  Don't worry Patriots, we'll get you next time...:).  

As of today, our Christmas decorations are up! I LOVE having a Christmas tree up with all the lights.  Jax sat next to me while I put it together.  He kept stealing the ornaments and running away with them. There is nothing better than a fire in the fireplace and the Christmas lights being the only lights on in the house.  I can't say I am ready for snow, but I'm ready for the holidays for sure :)




3 comments:

  1. Seriously, you are going to be the greatest mom when you guys have kids! I love hearing about your adventures with Jax in the meantime though :) You'll have to share pics of all your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! Jax is our baby for now so he gets all the attention :). Hope your babies are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jax thinks that cat would be delish in chili

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...