Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Georgia Getaway

Matt and I left for Georgia on Friday night after I got off work.  It's about an 8 hour drive to Georgia where our friends, The Wehunts, live.  We Matt drove through the night while I slept on and off.  We took Jax with us and he slept either on my lap or in between the two of us in the front seat.  He LOVES the car and going on rides! He and Byron (our Buick) get along great.

Co-pilot


We got in to Georgia around 5 am.  Hunter had gotten up to go hunting and left the house right before we got there.  Much to our surprise Leann was awake! We three stayed up and talked for awhile before we all headed back to bed for a few hours.  

It was awesome to wake up to Cody and Cadence! Cody had the hugest smile on his face when he saw his "Aunt Jamie and Uncle PETE"! Cadence is such a good baby.  She smiles every time you look at her and she just makes me melt!

best buds :)

Look at those eyes!
Smiley girl

On Saturday, Leann and I went to a Thirty-One party while the boys did boy things (I don't know what they did haha).  That night we went to a bonfire party at one of their friends' houses.  The weekend was full of Oreo Truffles, Funfetti cookies, and taco soup :). On Sunday, we all went and had lunch at Rooster's.  They had the BEST cheesecake I have ever tried in my whole life.  The night we went to another friends' house and  then came back to the Wehunts to do Christmas and Cody's birthday.  His birthday cupcake turned into a food fight with the adults.  Luckily, I stayed out of it since I was holding Cadence, but the others had white and blue frosting all over their faces...and the wall :).  It was so great to spend a relaxing weekend with great friends! Here are some pictures of our weekend...


Hunter was tired from duck hunting early that morning haha
Now that they have 2 kiddos, it's harder for us all to fit in one car.  Soooo we shoved the boys in the trunk :)
Ready for snow!
Cody LOVES his sister :)
Amazing (spiked) hot chocolate made by Leann 
Jax fit in just fine
Pretty girl!
With Momma
Our preschoolers :)

Uncle Pete with the kiddies
:)

Happy Birthday Cody!!

Cupcake fight!
Cody's snuggie my mom made him
I think you guys need to get a lap dog 

On our way home, we made a pitstop in Nashville to meet my friend Amy for dinner! It worked out perfectly! Nashville is such a pretty city and I'm jealous she lives there :)
Sad to leave GA :(
Ride home to Indiana


Travel buddies
Long drive!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...