Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday is the new Saturday

In the NICU all of the RNs are scheduled to work every third weekend.  I wish we didn't have to, but it could be worse.  I knew that in being a nurse I was signing up for a crazy schedule including weekends and holidays. 

One good thing about working weekends is that there is normally a different kind of atmosphere in the unit.  It is normally (not this weekend!) a little slower than during the week and you work with the same group of girls on your weekend so we are all kind of in it together. The docs also bring us in Panera bagels on weekends to make it a little sweeter :).  The absolute best part about working weekends is McAlister's Sunday nights.  After a long weekend of work, a big group of us head to McAlister's Deli after work on Sunday night and have dinner and gab.  Even though we have been together all weekend, it is still so awesome to get together and hang out even more. I love my co-workers!

I worked Saturday and Sunday and am off today (Monday) and Tuesday so today is actually like my Saturday! It was freezing cold out today, so I spent most of it on the couch snuggled in a blanket (Jax on my lap of course) catching up on my DVR shows.  I managed to fit in bodypump and a little laundry and cleaning, but that's about it.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with our friends Ryan and Tiffany to Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant! Tiffany recommended that we all go there and we are so excited! 

Yay for sleeping in tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. You make me so excited to do nursing. You can just tell how much you love it, even if you do work some weekends ;) I can't wait to have that kind of relationship with my coworkers... hopefully!

    Enjoy your day off tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura! You will be such a fantastic nurse! I can't wait for you to start getting into all your nursing classes and even more so for you to get out there and start working! It's such an amazing and rewarding career...you will be so happy you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...