On Saturday, Matt and I went to the State Fair! There are things I absolutely LOVE about living in Indy and I'd have to say that taking a 15 minute motorcycle ride to the State Fair is one of them. The "plan" for Saturday was actually to get the rest of the kitchen done. We still needed to prime, paint, and put all the new trim up for before the countertops get here in a couple weeks. Matt made sure I knew alll week that Saturday would be a workin' day. Bummer. I sooo badly wanted to go to the fair. The fair runs for 3 weeks, but Saturday was literally the ONLY day that we could both go together. We went last year and had a lot of fun so I wanted to be sure we went this year too. I love the fair!
We had lunch at El Rodeo after I got done with my 3 hours at the gym for the Les Mills launch (I did the BodyPump launch and then 3 other classes' launches) all the while planning on coming back to work on the kitchen. Once we made it home and we both sat on the couch, it was a mutual decision that no work was going to get done. Off to the fair we went! We hopped on the Harley for what felt like the first time all summer and rode down to the fairgrounds. It was so awesome to get to hang out with Matt doing something other than working on the house. I love being with him.
I was so obsessed with the baby pygmy goats last year and we couldn't find them this year. I whined a little bit about that. I love the little goats! I assume it just wasn't time for them to be shown since we went the 2nd day the fair opened. I found a new animal to obsess over...the two litters of baby piglets. Matt could not pull me away from them.
| Love this guy |
| Huge horses getting ready for the parade |
| Llama :) There were 3 things I wanted to accomplish while at the fair... 1. Lemon Shake-Up |
2. Corn dog! (with ketchup of course)
AND
3. An elephant ear!
We also bought a huge box of Salt Water Taffy that lasted a whole 12 hours.
Here are some more pictures of our night at the fair...
Good day at the fair :)
No comments:
Post a Comment