We are so very close to having our kitchen done! So close, yet so far away. The countertops were supposed to be in today, but apparently our sink was on backorder so they pushed our install date back to next Tuesday. We've waited so long that we didn't even make a fuss.
A couple weekends ago, Matt got the whole kitchen painted. If you have forgotten the cool paint color name, I'll remind you...Homestead Resort Par Sage. It looks soooo awesome. The color goes great with the rest of the house and looks fab next to the cabinets. I can't even wait to see the counters in there now!
Ok, now I got a new camera between then and now, so the next few pictures are on the new camera with the flash on. It makes the green look way lighter and limier than it is. I'd say the above pics are more representative of the actual color...but here is the finished product!
Matt started getting all the trim put up this week. This whole install-your-own kitchen thing is sure a lot of work! He does such a great job though. Today, we went to Lowe's and picked out all of our hardware for the cabinets. I can't wait to get that on the doors and drawers. We went with "pulls" instead of "knobs". Hopefully, Matt will get those installed soon...I am so excited! We also bought our new over-the-range microwave today at Best Buy to go in the little nook between the cabinets above the stove. I am going to pause here to talk about how much I love saving money. Our microwave was on sale...plus I used a 10% off small appliance coupon...plus the rest of my gift card=$22...plus $115 worth of reward certificates we had from buying our washer/dryer from Best Buy and using our reward card. So with the microwave AND a 2 year protection plan we got our new flippin' awesome microwave for $70!! I just love watching the price go down and down and down.
Next on the list:
-Hardware and finish up trim
-Baseboards or kickboards or whatever they are called
-Install microwave (and fumble with moving the exhaust etc.)
-Countertops next Tuesday (YEAH!)
Could we possibly be moving closer to being done with this dang kitchen remodel?
I can't wait to see the whole thing done. Miss you.
ReplyDelete