Monday, August 15, 2011

certified


I PASSED!!

I am officially a Certified BodyPump instructor!!! 

I started this journey (see BodyPump label) in March when I signed up for my initial training weekend in Columbus, OH for the first weekend in April.  I wasn't sure I really wanted to be doing this and really had no clue how long the process would be.  I am so happy I chose to go along with it.  The initial training kicked my butt (see posts here, here, and here), but it was a weekend of growth and the realization that I could really do this.  I have gotten stronger through this whole thing too...not only stronger as an instructor, but also stronger in the amount of weight I can lift (I have gone up in weight in a lot of the tracks and really push myself to my limit).

I sent my assessment video in the end of June and started being patient for the next 6-8 weeks.  Today, I had a funny feeling since I STILL haven't heard anything back so I started browsing the Les Mills website.  I found a link on my profile that said "Programs" and I clicked on it.  It listed all of the Les Mills programs and had "Book Training" next to all of them besides BodyPump.  Next to the BodyPump tab it listed my sequence of certification.  March 13 2011-initial training booked; April 3 2011-initial training-PASS; August 3 2011- Certified.  Wait what? Certified? I haven't heard anything! I didn't want to get too excited because I was supposed to be hearing back from an email when I passed.  I called Les Mills corporate and was transferred to the Assessment Coordinator to let her know I hadn't heard back, but that it says I am certified on my profile.  I just got an email from her confirming that I definitely did pass (on August 3rd) and she attached my assessment form.

At first I was so excited...I did it!..and then I was uh-nnoyed.  You mean to tell me I passed 2 weeks ago on August 3rd and I am just now finding out on August 15th?  And I probably still wouldn't know a week from now if I hadn't gone searching.  I could have gotten the ball rolling 2 weeks ago and might already be teaching right now.  After my pity party, I was right back to being excited.  I can't change anything about when I found out, so I just need to get going on the next step.

I talked to the Group Fitness Manager and she told me to apply online again for the position and she'd get the ball rolling.  I assume I will start out by subbing other people's classes before I eventually get my own.  I can't wait to start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...