Today is awesome. I have the day off and I didn't have 1 million things I was supposed to do or places to go. Yes, I should be unpacking and getting the house in order, but it feels so good to just not worry about it.
Last night, Matt got off work early and we were going to be getting home at the same time. That never happens! He headed home and I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some stuff to grill out. We haven't really had a chance to grill out this summer. With his work schedule, it's hard to do dinners together except on the weekends and our weekends have been busy working on the house. We were both so excited to be able to grill out and hang out on our patio together!
This morning I went to BodyAttack at the gym. I have only done this class a few times, but I am really starting to love it. It's an intense, sports-inspired, interval training cardio class. I have to admit I searched the room for the trash can at the end of one of the tracks (TMI?). I love it! It's a great balance to doing BodyPump and BodyCombat. Now I just need to fit some yoga and more stretching into my life! Speaking of BodyPump I should be finding out soon if I passed my video! It's been 6 weeks since I sent it in and they say it takes about 6-8 weeks to get results. I just want to finally be completely certified so I can start teaching. I got my copy of my DVD back last week in the mail so I hoping that means they are close to letting me know. Come on people!
After that I ran to the grocery store to pick up the fixings to my Sausage Dip I am making for Saturday. Matt and I are going to the May's 3rd Annual Beer Pong Tournament in Lafayette tomorrow evening. Matt went last year and him and his partner actually won the whole thing! I won't be participating since I couldn't find someone to work for me on Sunday, so I'll be heading back home that night. It's ok though, it will be so fun to see everyone. This will be so good for Matt since he's been booked up doing the hard labor with the house for so long. He hasn't gotten a day for himself in months! It will be so awesome to be with him and not be working on stuff. I am also meeting up with my friends Lauren and Ashley (and baby Madi of course!) during the day so I am very excited for Saturday :). I always cram a ton of things into one day, but I just can't help it.
This afternoon Jax and I hung out in the backyard. I laid out for what seems like the 3rd time all summer (CRAZY!) and he played and layed around too. To make myself feel better for not having the time to lay out this summer, I've been telling myself I am decreasing my chances of skin cancer and wrinkles :). It was so nice to not feel guilty for relaxing. Everything else WILL get done, I have to tell myself that. Speaking of Jax, we almost considered getting another dog last night. Matt has been wanting a play-mate for Jax for a couple months now, but I said no way. I just really don't want another dog right now. BUT a lady at work has a GoldenDoodle that just had puppies and she is selling them. There are gold ones and black ones (the poodle was black) that I am obsessed with. I sent Matt a picture of them just for fun and he called back and said we could do it. After much debate, I don't think we are in the market for another dog right now :/. I really would love for Jax to have a friend. He LOVES playing with other dogs, especially ones that are bigger than him. I guess he will have to just deal with playing with the neighbor dogs for now :).
Ok, one more random fact. I got on last night to pay our credit card and noticed the Reward Points tab. I clicked on and saw that we had 31,500 points! At first I was so excited but then I got to thinking that maybe that's not a lot. I went to the website and started browsing. Come to find out that IS a lot. I was going to use some of them to get a new camera since mine started showing funny spots when I take pictures with the flash. After some research, I found the exact camera I loved at Best Buy on sale for cheaper than the amount of points on the site. Long story short, we were able to get $300 in gift cards instead and I am going to just go buy the camera at Best Buy for a better price and then we are using the rest to buy our new microwave for our new built-in area above our stove. YES! We also got a gift card to Sears so Matt can go buy some tools (boring for me, so exciting to him). I feel like it's Christmas! While speaking of gift cards, I also got an extra $100 gift card for working an extra shift this week since we rolled out our new computer order system and it's been crazy. Matt encouraged me to get the gift card for wherever I wanted (best husband ever award...I guess I will if you're making me :). I got one for Zappos.com so I can finally buy a pair of shoes I have been wanting for forever! I heart gift cards.
Ok, one more random fact. I got on last night to pay our credit card and noticed the Reward Points tab. I clicked on and saw that we had 31,500 points! At first I was so excited but then I got to thinking that maybe that's not a lot. I went to the website and started browsing. Come to find out that IS a lot. I was going to use some of them to get a new camera since mine started showing funny spots when I take pictures with the flash. After some research, I found the exact camera I loved at Best Buy on sale for cheaper than the amount of points on the site. Long story short, we were able to get $300 in gift cards instead and I am going to just go buy the camera at Best Buy for a better price and then we are using the rest to buy our new microwave for our new built-in area above our stove. YES! We also got a gift card to Sears so Matt can go buy some tools (boring for me, so exciting to him). I feel like it's Christmas! While speaking of gift cards, I also got an extra $100 gift card for working an extra shift this week since we rolled out our new computer order system and it's been crazy. Matt encouraged me to get the gift card for wherever I wanted (best husband ever award...I guess I will if you're making me :). I got one for Zappos.com so I can finally buy a pair of shoes I have been wanting for forever! I heart gift cards.
No comments:
Post a Comment