I feel like I have talked about the kitchen remodel a lot. So bear with me if I say something I have already said a million times.
In June, we went to Lowe's and designed our new kitchen. The cabinets and countertop in the house are so old and out-dated and not in good condition. There is also no space for me to put food (if you know me, you know I keep a WELL-stocked pantry...it's an addiction). So new kitchen it was. I did not realize how expensive, tedious, and labor-intensive it was to remodel a kitchen. Especially when we Matt is doing all the tearing out and installation.
After much, much, much debate and back and forth we decided on Kraftmaid cabinets (which I usually unintentionally call Kraftaid or Kitchenmaid). We went with a painted maple door which they called "Mushroom". It's basically off-white, but really warm. The door style is Alexis. This style comes in the full-overlay design. Here is a definition of it since I just tried 5 separate times to explain it, but erased them all...
"Full overlay doors have less than one-eighth of an inch between them—in effect, they fully lay over the cabinet. Frameless cabinets always have full overlay doors but some framed cabinets have them as well. You can tell for sure whether a cabinet is framed or frameless by opening a door and checking for rails and stiles."
Here is the door style. I couldn't find a picture of our door style with the Mushroom color.
 |
| Imagine this door style, but Mushroom color. Kind of like the light part of a Portobello. How's that for a visual? |
Full overlay is a little more expensive than partial overlay, but looks soooo much nicer overall. It's a much sleeker and streamline look. These doors/drawers also has the "soft close" feature which I talked about in the previous post. I love that. We still need to buy the knobs and that will definitely make the kitchen more put-together (and make it easier for me to open the dang doors!)
The new cabinets are so beautiful! The kitchen looks amazing already and we don't even have the countertop or new sink in.
Countertop company came today to measure and gave us a final quote on the material. I am so excited because we last minute decided to put a 4 inch backsplash all the way around instead of just a 3 inch on one side of the kitchen and she threw it in at no extra cost! We went with LG Hi-Macs which is similar to Corian if you've heard of that. No laminate and no granite. The LG Hi Macs is perfect. The color is called Mocha Granite so it is a rich brown with specks of other colors. It will go great with the Mushroom cabinets, cherry hardwoods, and Homestead Resort Parlor Sage walls (can you tell I like saying that word?). We also ordered a brand new stainless steel sink which will be integrated into the new countertops. It will be a smooth connection where the counter will butt up right to the sink. It looks so awesome. The sink is a 70/30 sink so one side is bigger than the other. It is the deepest, biggest sink that I will ever have. I am so used to the manufacture dinky stainless steel ones that have been in all the places we've rented. We also bought a new faucet to install and it's fancy to me. Once again, because anything new in a kitchen is fancy to me.
 |
| Huge semi that delivered the cabinets to me last week |
 |
| Old cabinets..you may not be able to tell, but they are falling off the hinges. |
 |
| Before: sink and sink base |
 |
| Before- above stove area |
 |
| New cabinets filled our garage |
 |
| My pantries!! |
 |
| Just a little Friday night demolition |
 |
| 1st new cabinet in! |
 |
| After: above stove. Still need our new microwave and knobs...and paint and trim etc. |
 |
| Big ole corner cabinet on the wall that previously had NO cabinets |
 |
| Matt's electrical work. He moved this outlet which was originally on the lower part of the chair rail up here. Don't ask me how he did it. I just nod and say "Good Job!" Where does he get this from? |
 |
| Sunday night after I got home from work we installed the final pieces...the pantries! |
 |
| We just watched. He stayed between my feet the whole time. Until I was enlisted to help. |
 |
| Ta-Da! Well, almost. Still a lot of work to be done, but they are installed! |
 |
| When you give a nurse a power drill... |
 |
| She will scream every time it turns on. That's a scary tool! |
 |
| BUT I helped. |
 |
And then I loved on him :)
Matt worked SO hard this weekend getting all of the cabinets in. I am so proud of my handy-man! |
No comments:
Post a Comment